brandenholder

What Color is Your LaserPoint II?

I recently purchased a LaserPoint II from USCutter and received the box yesterday. Upon opening it this morning, I see that the cutter inside looks NOTHING like the LaserPoint II's advertised on the website. This cutter is a pale grey all around with a grey stand and just looks clunky overall, definitely not as advertised. Are all of your LaserPoint II's the red/black combination as shown in the product photos, or did I receive the wrong cutter?

Thank you all in advance for your input.

EDIT: Judging by the product number on the back, they sent me one of their SC series cutters, I think. Please let me know what your thoughts are.

• Like 2

Sounds like you'll be re-packing that box and shipping it back.

USCUTTER support will provide you with an R.M.A. # (Return Merchandise Authorization)

Also wouldn't an SC cutter be better than an LP cutter? I know it would be better than an LP I but not sure about the LPII.....

CarterMarkham, it might be better, but I'm not convinced on how well it will cooperate with my Mac. The LaserPoint II was said to work very well with the USB interface on a Mac using SignCut Pro. Reading the specs on the SC Cutter, I'm not so sure it'll have the same compatibility that I was looking for. I'm not sure what the deal is with it or why they'd ship out a better cutter unless it was by accident.

Sounds like you'll be re-packing that box and shipping it back.

USCUTTER support will provide you with an R.M.A. # (Return Merchandise Authorization)

Your tagline beneath your reply says "SC 34-fast,accurate,efficient". Do you personally use an SC cutter and how well does it function if you do? I just hate to think that I paid more for something less, so I want to figure out what happened in their packing/shipping process to give me an entirely different model/series of cutter.

This entire conversation should be taking place with USCUTTER support, since they are the only ones with answers that can help you.

As for the perceived value of the SC versus the LPII, that is not relevant. You ordered an LPII and you should obtain it, and that's the bottom line.

This entire conversation should be taking place with USCUTTER support, since they are the only ones with answers that can help you.

As for the perceived value of the SC versus the LPII, that is not relevant. You ordered an LPII and you should obtain it, and that's the bottom line.

No need to be hostile, I was just looking for some community input as well regarding the whole situation, especially since it was a weekend. Just so everyone knows I did take up this issue with US Cutter Support (at the same time as this forum post) and everything is being taken care of. I am shipping back the SC cutter and my LPII is on its way.

• Like 1

Nope, not being hostile at all, I was just pointing out the best way for your issue to be resolved.

And as it happened, my remark was 100% spot-on, and you got the correct solution from the source.

When you start using the LPII, please take a moment to update the thread, or start another one, with your impressions, comments, reviews, whatever you think will add to the knowledge-base here.

Peace.

• Like 1