Rkerin

Sign Cut Pro Issues

I have MH-Series 27" cutter, and I'm using it via USB (which is from my understanding the most common)

Everything I do is in Corel X5 exported to ESP then opened in Sign Cut Pro. It seems to be doing well at first then when it gets closer to the final

cuts the letters are only half cut, and everything starts to be out of alignment (meaning the letter e is odd shaped, the letter t is cut at a slight 45 degree angle)

Any suggestions on what settings I need to focus on to correct this? My cutter is set at a Feed Force of 50 and the blade cut force is at 100

Thank you in advance.

Rob

• Like 1

If you really want to correct that MH cutter, then put it on a serial cable or keyspan adapter. The entry level cutters are not stable with a USB connection. It has been written hundreds of times in here. Some are lucky enough to get it to work for a little while and still end up changing the connection. Just change it and save yourself the problems and waste of vinyl. Make sure your stand is grounded to the cutter, if you have a stand. Scrape off paint around a screw and ground good. Also dryer sheets in the vinyl for static.

Make sure your blade offset is correct. Make sure your vinyl is tracking straight. Make sure white wheels of carriage head is firmly in the track.

• Like 1

I went out and got the USB to Serial - I got it all configured so the cutter does cut, how ever now when I goto cut the head of the cutter does a Z then goes off to the opposite side of the cutter, I have tried setting the origin points, not sure what is going on. I'm thinking it is a conflict with the serial maybe? I have left the cutter set at the default 9600 Baud, and 8N1.

Have your tried raising the blade holder up, so that the blade doesn't even touch the vinyl and see what it does? If it looks like it would cut the entire image doing that, then it sounds like a static problem

Not a static issue, it is doing the same thing, just doing that Z pattern then shooting to the opposite side of the machine.

Thank you by the way for your help in this matter!

Not a static issue, it is doing the same thing, just doing that Z pattern then shooting to the opposite side of the machine.

Thank you by the way for your help in this matter!

your welcome, ;D try following those instructions, I posted above and make sure all is correct.

first attempt it did do my test word cut -- however it just didn't scratch the vinyl. It did the all the words. After that is when it started doing this crazy z pattern. I have everything set to the letter like the directions said on the link you provided.

"however it just didn't scratch the vinyl."

You mean you don't have your blade set correctly?

If not ,then take the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand, firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl you are going to cut, It should only cut the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, adjust blade to get there. You should just barely see the blade tip out of the blade holder. Put blade holder back in machine and adjust the force on the machine to get the same results. Just cut the vinyl, and barely a mark on wax paper backing.

I just did that one, and it is the correct depth now. Now I'm back to the same issue of the cutting aspect, it is not doing the design. Just a straight line down the vinyl (I'm using scraps)

If you don't have a MAC, have you tried Signblazer and see if it will work?

I have noticed others having problems with Signcut lately.

I have no clue, but everything is working just the head isn't dropping the needle to actually cut out the design.

I have no clue, but everything is working just the head isn't dropping the needle to actually cut out the design.

the head is not dropping? Then that sounds like the Z chip got fried. Static does that... The Z chip controls the head going up and down.

http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/product/product_id/1406/category_id/70/product_name/Z-Axis+Carriage+Chip+for+MH+Series+Cutter

try this test from tech support from another post...

I used this test from howard to determine whether its the carriage or the motherboard:

1: pull off carriage cover

2: there will be either two soldered wires or two copper plates

3: using a nine volt battery, touch the plates (the battery will fit perfectly to touch a contact to each plate

4: if nothing happens, flip the battery and try again

if the blade jumps, the carriage is fine and you need a motherboard. If the blade doesn't respond to the battery, you need a carriage

Sign Blade is great! My only question is I'm getting a box around each of my lines, any way of getting rid of this?

How many threads are you going to post about this???

LOL, I was just gonna tell ya that on the other thread, I have already danced this dance.. :rolleyes:

Not much more I can do for them.