Sign in to follow this  
j4str

cutting 24" vinyl with mh871

When i first got my machine, i absolotly could not get it to cut large vinyl. It was like the rollers were to far apart and in between the rollers would get a big air bubble and when the cutter hit that air bubble, a hellish fury would ensure and the vinyl would start getting ripped and torn. Ever since then i started using 6" and 12" vinyl and havn't had a bit of trouble. Now that i have more experience, i want to try some 24" again and i was hoping for some tips. Maybe i just had my rollers too far apart orignally? When i tried 24", i had the two outside rollers all the way on the outside edge and one in the center.

• Like 1

When i first got my machine, i absolotly could not get it to cut large vinyl. It was like the rollers were to far apart and in between the rollers would get a big air bubble and when the cutter hit that air bubble, a hellish fury would ensure and the vinyl would start getting ripped and torn. Ever since then i started using 6" and 12" vinyl and havn't had a bit of trouble. Now that i have more experience, i want to try some 24" again and i was hoping for some tips. Maybe i just had my rollers too far apart orignally? When i tried 24", i had the two outside rollers all the way on the outside edge and one in the center.

I would try without the one in the center. And make sure you vinyl is tight, and pinch rollers are tight. I have a 30" Graphtec and they only come with 2 pinch rollers.,,, and never a problem. But If you still want to use that 3rd pinch roller, make sure it is over the bottom grit roller correctly.

Do you put them right at the end? anyone else have anything to add? Does everyone only use 2 rollers? Why does it come with 3?

Do you put them right at the end? anyone else have anything to add? Does everyone only use 2 rollers? Why does it come with 3?

I put mine about 3/4-1" even in on both sides of vinyl. This is on my Graphtec with only 2 pinch rollers...

I have a Seiki cutter.also,,, which has 3 pinch rollers. I only used 2 pinch rollers on it also. I parked the other to the far left out of the way.

Worked for me.

got it cut. 2 rollers worked perfectly. Why they give you three is beyond me. They should tell you that the third one is just a waste of space.

24" zombie squad decal

post-16371-0-78482500-1351570735.jpg

• Like 1