minivipr

Decal not sticking to paint! Help

I am having an issue with a location that wanted a lare wall decal done. during the install process the transfer paper was pulling the vinyl right off the wall. I used 631 but it just will not stick. The walls are not freshly painted. I even tried 651 to see if the extra adhesion would help. Is there anything I can do? I have thought about spraying the back with the glue from a can.

What kind of paint works the best for walls to help the vinyl stick.

if you need to make it stick more 3m makes a adhesive for general use i used it for foam seat covers on dirt bikes that might work check lowes or home depot

I got the whole graphic up but sections of it peel right down off the wall. Even without transfer tape the darn thing peels right off. I am using regular transfer tape. I have done stuff other places without issue. I think it's the paint that the location used. They are willing to repaint I think but I don't know what to tell them to use.

All the wall art I do if there is ANY texture to the wall at all it just takes patience.... Wrap your hard card with paper towel and keep pressing and pressing and pressing some more... Then slowly peel away your transfer pressing the actual vinyl when needed..... Also make sure the wall is very very clean watch what you clean the wall with as most all cleaners seem to be extra bad with leaving residue on painted walls....

Even with patience, vinyl will not stick to some paints. I use Lowes Valspar Semi-gloss and vinyl will not stick to it.

I did one with the 'cleanable' paint, that wouldn't stick. I marked out a section where the graphic would go, kinda close to the design, and took a GREY scotchbrite pad, and some alcohol and scuffed the paint pretty good. It did stick with a little effort, haven't heard anything about it coming off. Haven't asked either.