Stuff4Toys

SureCutsAlot Pro

I will give them credit for responding to emails very quickly as Im sure their inbox has been deflowered like a virgin on prom night... They sent a link with a patch for 035, and it kept popping up a more recent version is available, so had to do the lost serial number login, and download the set up for 036.....

To say the least its very frustrating... I mean seriously... I could give any member here 60 bucks and say hey... kick me in the nuts a few times... with roughly the same outcome...

Will be back at the shop in the morning and see if cutting issues have been resolved, which by a few other members ressponses to the good, should be...

Bruce

OK, because I did not register, only installed and activated, so I guess this critical update is beyond my reach at this juncture.

When I return to my sign store on Monday and look into this entire situation once more briefly, perhaps I will decide to proceed with getting the SC cutter to mesh with the software.

After all, I'm still trying to get on board this runaway train, and Lord Knows, it ain't easy...

• Like 1

"

But, will not remember it, so on each start up you're back to square one.

(unless I am missing something)

You can name and save the customized setup - just click on "window " in the menu and select save workspace under the workspace menu item. - you give the workspace a name of your choice and then can select it via the name anytime you want to use that setup.

I did 2 different ones and the names show up at the top of the list under workspace menu. There is also a manage workspace command so you can delete or rename workspaces too.

-Mike

• Like 1

"

You can name and save the customized setup - just click on "window " in the menu and select save workspace under the workspace menu item. - you give the workspace a name of your choice and then can select it via the name anytime you want to use that setup.

I did 2 different ones and the names show up at the top of the list under workspace menu. There is also a manage workspace command so you can delete or rename workspaces too.

-Mike

Thank you, that makes sense, and I am sure this is something explained within the extensive online tutorials.

when you close the program, or start a new file, it ASKS you do you want to save.

when you close the program, or start a new file, it ASKS you do you want to save.

But if you have customized your layout of the tool boxes and just save your project the default tool box layout will show up the next time you launch the program -- saving the workspace makes it easier to get the space tweaked to your liking and then re-use it - an improvement I would suggest is to allow you to make the custome workspace the default on launch instead of having to select it each time - not a big deal - just a little more elegant to make it come up customized for your taste when you launch.

-Mike

I set my default to 24x96,because that's the most common banner size I do.

You and mars are talking about two completely different functions.

Mars is pointing out how to re-arrange layout of all the tool boxes within the main interface of the program (sizing them as you wish, getting them out of the way, eliminating them, whatever) and then saving that configuration.

His suggestion was for a "default" setting so that a specific configuration chosen would then be opened automatically each time, remaining in this customized manner each time you open the program, instead of having to go into the Window menu, and then click to choose a particular custom interface layout setup each time you start (since the program now always reverts to the basic layout)

To say the least its very frustrating... I mean seriously... I could give any member here 60 bucks and say hey... kick me in the nuts a few times... with roughly the same outcome...

Bruce

I feel yer pain, brutha.

Uggghh I've got a lot of pain after two days of playing with the software. I want it to work well but it's just not happening. For very basic stuff it seems to work well. For more complex signs and designs I say use SignBlazer for now or get something like CorelDraw.

-Scott

I would say consider getting Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro because it is a good price and seems like it will be the new basic software replacing SignBlazer in the near future. For basic sign work it is great and after spending the weekend playing with it I really like a lot of the features and will get better at using them. Its just another tool to use.

I'm not able to create custom detailed stencils with it yet but I am able to trace in Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro and export to .svg and edit in Inkscape. Plus Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro cuts very very well. I was pretty much fed up with my USCutter 34" SC machine and software because it just would not cut clean but with Sure Cuts A Lot font is cutting well, small detailed images are cutting clean with no issues.

-Scott

• Like 1

Graphtec CE5000 is cutting under revised 3.037 and working with craft edge to make it functional

What about your Graphtec FC 7000, does it cut with it?

Skeeter- haven't checked the FC yet, my next step! -Just tested this. No dice. BOO. Must be a USB identifier thing, or the software looks for the CE5000 specifically. This in theory would not be hard to implement for the support team to make it work from a programming standpoint...

mr300- HPGL, mind you this is a modified version of 3.037 that a rep from Craft Edge sent me... and still needs some work for it to work. It doesn't seem to like weeding lines, or borders for that matter. Doesn't handle roll feed media correctly either.