Stuff4Toys

SureCutsAlot Pro

Got an email this morning from USCutter advertizing SureCutsAlot Pro.

anyone using it? I have Sign Blazer and others, but the thing that attracted me was it's vectorization feature. That's where my skills lack the most.

Is it worth $50?

JOhn ><>

I have used the vectorization in Sure Cuts a Lot 3. In my opinion, it works very well. Make sure that your cutter is supported before you purchase.

List of supported cutters:

• Black Cat Cougar/Lynx
  • eCraft
  • Gazelle
  • Pazzles Inspiration
  • Silhouette SD
  • Silhouette Cameo
  • Silver Bullet
  • CraftROBO/ CraftROBO Pro
  • USCutter (MH Series, Creation PCut, Laserpoint, SC, TC, Copam, ZenCut Green, ZenCut Black)
  • Graphtec CE-5000

Jay is Correct just ordered mine The question was will it work with my Graphtec

Bill,

The answer is yes. here is a list of what Sure Cuts A Lot works with:

This software will work with the following cutters:

Black Cat Cougar/Lynx

eCraft

Gazelle

Pazzles Inspiration

Silhouette SD

Silhouette Cameo

Silver Bullet

CraftROBO/ CraftROBO Pro

USCutter (MH Series, Creation PCut, Laserpoint, SC, TC, Copam, ZenCut Green, ZenCut Black)

Graphtec CE-5000

Mike

Mike Meshell

Support Representative

Technical Solutions Division

Sales - 425-481-3555 Support - 425-902-1302 Spanish - 425-902-1307[/indent]

I have adobe illustrator and my signcut is about to expire and I have a mac. Should I buy this program or is there a different program I should consider? I dont use my pcut to often but I will need a program on occasion.

I don't think you're going to find ANY software with a Mac version for anywhere close to the $50 price. In my opinion, well worth it,

Just purchased it last night. Will post my thoughts after installing and trying it out. For only $50 it is certainly worth a try. I have constantly been frustrated with SignCut Pro

There are free trial versions available floating around... Whether or not they have the same exact features I can't say but it may give you a better idea on the layout and UI of the program.... I would post links but all of them appear to also be selling the software...

Ive been using SignCutPro with the Copam cutter I purchased about 5 months ago and it has been OK, We got another 1yr lic for SignCutPro with the SC cutter we purchased to take on the road as the Copam is too big... Just purchased this new software, and am hoping it will make up for a few quirks I have with SignCut....

Although I will admit the rhinestone feature is what sold me... Im gonna make millions selling Rhinestone crested multicam bananna hammocks to to world....

Bruce

• Like 4

I recently installed SCAL v3 and attempted to do some design work in it, and couldn't stand the interface.

For one thing, the size of the workspace is too small for signs (6' max.) -- and the entire text handling part of the program is abysmal.

Now, there might be an improvement in the Pro version, I don't know about that, so I'll leave that for others to chime in.

I'll stick to SignBlazer, and cross my fingers that some day it no longer remains as 'Abandonware' and gets upgraded and refined.

I recently installed SCAL v3 and attempted to do some design work in it, and couldn't stand the interface.

For one thing, the size of the workspace is too small for signs (6' max.) -- and the entire text handling part of the program is abysmal.

Now, there might be an improvement in the Pro version, I don't know about that, so I'll leave that for others to chime in.

I'll stick to SignBlazer, and cross my fingers that some day it no longer remains as 'Abandonware' and gets upgraded and refined.

Yes, the workspace was small on the V3, it was 72" x 72", so of no use for me As I make very large vehicle graphics. The Pro advertises workspace 200" x 200", So that is a lot better size.

I am interested in what people think of this program as well compared to SignCutPro.

Well tell us more, I don't use Signcut, only have it downloaded on trial, But as far as I know, SigncutPro is just a cutting software. And you purchase the USB dongle, for it.

Cuts Alot has a vector program, Design program, rhinestone, and for Mac and PC, well worth the $50.00 it is currently being sold for.

Check out the ad.

http://www.uscutter....product_id/2283

I have read it is good, on Cuts Alot,,, some others did a review on the V3.a while back. Signcut doesn't have it. and Inkscape.org is still FREE

I received the eMail as well... I have a large cutter which I believe this will work on... just wondering - I have a Cricket any thought as to whether it will work on it as well?

The list of supported cutters is above. Cricut isn't on the list.

From their website:

Important: This version does not support the Cricut™ machines, and you can no longer purchase a version that works with the Cricut.

I have tried it & like it . I am as much of a diehard SignBlazer user as they come & like Slice&Dice , am hoping/waiting for the evolved software to be released . Even if that happens , buying SCAL Pro for $50 is a no-brainer !!! MANY very usefull features . I have not cut anything with it as I have not cut anything for several months . It will be very easy to switch over from SignBlazer & is a very easy software to learn for a beginner . It is the best software for a beginner IMO by far right now . There are many tutorials on the disc I have & should be available on USCutters website , SCAL's website or Youtube . Having factory support & tutorials are especially helpfull for beginners & people like me who have not done much besides making original/modified designs .

I am being lazy ( & this will be a VERY common question ) .. Besides having a bigger workspace , what is the difference from SCAL 3 to Pro ? & what does USC's version have additionally ? I am figuring some SCAL reps will be posting since USC is a destributor :) .

Features Unique To Sure Cuts A Lot Pro:

• PRO version's workspace can go up to 200"x200" (Version 3's maximum workspace size is 72"x72")
  • In the PRO version, if you have an image that has many colors in it, you can easily isolate each color and cut them separately
  • Print and cut capability (contour cutting) for USCutter machines
  • 3D-shadow (drop-shadow feature)
  • In the PRO version, you can easily add extra cut lines that are designed to assist in weeding. This is very exciting, as few programs offer this feature!
  • Drivers included for USCutter machines
  • Vectorization capabilities
  • Pro gives users the ability to import a variety of vector and raster images from external graphics programs including Adobe Illustrator CS4-CS6 and CorelDRAW X3-X6

Oh and:

One of the most unique benefits of Sure Cuts A Lot Pro is that, with the purchase of this software, you will receive one license that can be used simultaneously on TWO computers!

This is from USCutter Website

• Like 1

Thanks Jay . Has anybody used the weeding line options in Pro ? Are they like SignCut ( add verticle or horizontal weed lines anywhere & as many as you want to ) ?