Sue2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationTip Top of Virginia

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:21 AM

Just got a note from US Cutter that SureCutsALot PRO Software
is now on sale for $50 thru Nov 8, 2012. (Reg. $200)
BUT they only list "Value" cutters that it works with, so check first.

"Compatible with USCutter MH MK2, USCutter SC Series, USCutter
LaserPoint II, USCutter TC Series and Copam CP Series."

Sue2

#2 Jay2703

Jay2703

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

It has a longer list of cutters, those are just the USCutter ones:
  • Black Cat Cougar/Lynx
  • eCraft
  • Gazelle
  • Pazzles Inspiration
  • Silhouette SD
  • Silhouette Cameo
  • Silver Bullet
  • CraftROBO/ CraftROBO Pro
  • USCutter (MH Series, Creation PCut, Laserpoint, SC, TC, Copam)
  • Graphtec CE-5000

24" VinylExpress Enduracut+, SignBlazer, Adobe CS3, InkScape

#3 Mz SKEETER

Mz SKEETER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,246 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

Not compatible with Graphtec FC7000 models, just GraphtecCE5000 models. Make sure your cutter is listed.
Graphtec FC7000MK2-75 Flexistarter 8.5/8.6 Toshiba laptop Windows XP, Toshiba laptop Windows 7, Flexisigndesigner10

#4 vinylmotivations

vinylmotivations

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

The FC7000 will run under CE5000 drivers, you just loose cutoff function and I'm not sure as I haven't tested yet but registration marks aren't read properly.

◊ Graphtec FC7000-75 Graphtec CE5000-60 (x2) ◊ Epson WF1100 w/ Cobra CISS ◊ CorelDRAW X6 FlexiSIGN Pro 8.1 ◊ SCAL Pro SignCut Pro ◊ Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ◊

~ Vinyl Motivations ~ Des Moines, Iowa ~ www.VinylMotivations.com ~

#5 Mz SKEETER

Mz SKEETER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,246 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

The Sure Cuts Alot version 3, which I have, was of no use for me. Biggest workspace only 72"L That's a joke right there. , At least this version is 200"L , It could help some new people starting out. at the SALE price. But I have better software anyway, So,, I won't be buying. my 2c..
Graphtec FC7000MK2-75 Flexistarter 8.5/8.6 Toshiba laptop Windows XP, Toshiba laptop Windows 7, Flexisigndesigner10

#6 marion

marion

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hi I am new here and have a quick question. Does the sure cuts a lot software import the sbd files in from sign blazer? I have had a computer breakdown and cannot get sb to work on my other laptop with windows seven. I have tried everything so im calling support tommorow but ran across this software and thought it might be worth a try.

#7 slice&dice

slice&dice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • LocationMidAtlantic Region, USA

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hi I am new here and have a quick question. Does the sure cuts a lot software import the sbd files in from sign blazer? I have had a computer breakdown and cannot get sb to work on my other laptop with windows seven. I have tried everything so im calling support tommorow but ran across this software and thought it might be worth a try.

No.
SignBlazer files are proprietary to SBE software only.

However, as a work-around, I imagine that an EPS file can be exported from SB, and that should be OK to open in scal.
I'm awaiting obtaining the Scal-Pro version in a few days and I'll give that a try, to verify, and post the results here.

#8 slice&dice

slice&dice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • LocationMidAtlantic Region, USA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

...However, as a work-around, I imagine that an EPS file can be exported from SB, and that should be OK to open in scal.
I'm awaiting obtaining the Scal-Pro version in a few days and I'll give that a try, to verify, and post the results here.

Well, my imagining that scal-pro would deal with standard .eps files was incorrect.
Oh well, back to the drawing boards for the engineers at CraftEdge.

#9 marion

marion

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

Slice and dice thanks for the response. US Cutter support got my computer going with SB however I am going to purchase another cutter and software but am thinking about a different software this time around. Being new to cutting when I started SB was easy and now have a lot of files in the sbd format and am not for sure what to buy so that I can import them and use with the different software. Hopefully this can be done with out a lot of problem.

#10 Mz SKEETER

Mz SKEETER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,246 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Slice and dice thanks for the response. US Cutter support got my computer going with SB however I am going to purchase another cutter and software but am thinking about a different software this time around. Being new to cutting when I started SB was easy and now have a lot of files in the sbd format and am not for sure what to buy so that I can import them and use with the different software. Hopefully this can be done with out a lot of problem.

I believe you will have to import those SBD files into Signblazer and export them out as an .eps file to use in another software, It will mostly depend on what your next software will be.

#11 Pacsman

Pacsman

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

I picked up a Roland GX-24 and was thinking of Surecutsalot to replace Signblazer. Thoughts or other recomedations?

#12 Mz SKEETER

Mz SKEETER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,246 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

My thought is that the Roland Cutters are not supported, at least not yet.

You can check the supported cutters here.

http://www.uscutter.... & Cut Software

#13 Mz SKEETER

Mz SKEETER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,246 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Have you checked into Cut Studio?. This is the software for the Roland

http://www.specialty...o_Software.html

http://www.beacongra...cut-studio.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users