plotter_man

Plotter Draws fine but stops when cutting

I have an M871 Signblazer Plotter, Ive only used it a few times. While cutting a long letter such as LUBRICATING the

plotter stops at the third letter, (the box comes up as error), But, when I put the inkpen in it will draw the word out without

any stopping. I ran a test strip and it cut fine and didnt cut through the paper. Not sure what the problem is there, any help would be greatly appreciated. Please dont say its a corruption problem because the pen draws fine and doesnt stop.

Is your cutter grounded? It could be static traveling up through the blade where the pen doesn't complete the connection.

• Like 1

OKay seeing as how I do not have it grounded.. Can I ground it to the furnace register? everything is sitting on carpet. I have a metal table that I could ground it to, but it too sits on a carpet. is that a problem? Thank you so much!

Yes, carpet is a problem, full of static... also if on USB, it is best to connect with a serial cable or keyspan adapter.

Hello, i also have an 871 mk2 and use sign blazer. I have had this happen to me as well, mostly with lager images. It was static that would stop my machine from cutter and i would have to restart it. I do have mine grounded but probably not well enough. A simple thing that i found that helped greated was taking a swiffer sheet and lightly going over the vinyl to get all the startic and dust off before cutting. If i had a large object i might dust the back of the vinyl while it is getting feed. Make sure you dont get close to the cutter while its cutting.