Sign in to follow this  
Badfish77

A little Useful info for AutoCAD users

Very little maybe, but I have recently found that ACAD will export to EPS. I feel it notable only because I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the threads that my seach came up with (and I did search). Eveyone said to save as DXF out of ACAD. I'm a newb with the cutter, and most of my experiance is with SBE, which imports both, and I haven't noticed a differance. Hopefully this will help someone somewhere.

What I would like to know is if it is a definate "no you cannot cut vinyl from ACAD", or if it's a yes, who knows how? I'm pretty good but this one I can't get.

I was wondering about possibly using AutoCAD for designs. I have worked in MANY versions of AutoCAD and worked as a residential architect for around 13 years. Im really proficient in AutoCAD so would be an easier initial step for me until I learn these other programs.

Hey Monkey. Yeah I've found no problems with using ACAD dxf saves, or eps exports when used in SBE.

To update this post, I have found I can cut from ACAD to my MH with my PC at home. There is no offset or overcut options so there were alot of cuts to complete. However I haven't been able to get the LP to cut from the laptop in the shop.