Sign in to follow this  
EdwinG

Logo's

Hello I have a costomer that wants to make a sign with his logo. How do I get his logo designed and cut?

Any one please help I am new at this. Thanks

post-28704-0-73636700-1351110833.jpg

It depends on the logo, if it is just text you can recreate it with the same font. Have the customer

e-mail you the logo and if you want, you can post it here and someone can tell you what

is the best way to proceed.

How do I get his logo designed and cut?

Send him to me of course. Or you could post the raster and the great members here will vectorize or at least get you started. As for how to do it yourself you will need software (i.e. Illustrator or the like) and learn how to trace or use the pen tool as in Illustrator and re-make it. I prefer to always re-make the image. Tracing is hit or miss depending on various variables. Also know that when tracing it's almost always going to be best to remove the traced text if present and add text yourself since traced text doesn't come out well for the most part.

Ask him if he has his logo in vector format. If he does, it could save you some work.

• Like 1

It depends on the logo, if it is just text you can recreate it with the same font. Have the customer

e-mail you the logo and if you want, you can post it here and someone can tell you what

is the best way to proceed.

See attached logo thanks.

post-28704-0-27482100-1351111073.jpg

Well that image is about as useful as no image at all to be honest. But from what I can see you can easily re-make that. Just match the text, you should have those fonts already and then get your pen tool out and make the Q and dinosaur. You can also trace the Q and dino and then clean it up if that's easier for you. That picture won't help us help you though.