Sign in to follow this  
xpaperman

Can I heat transfer on this?

A customer has provided 2 of these jersey that she wants numbers and names on. I am still a bit new to heat transfer and was wondering if this is possible? It just seems the holes in the mesh are to big. Is there a special type of heat material for this type of shirt or does one just avoid these? Any input is appreciated.

In case it is hard to tell from the photo, this is a large holed mesh type football jersey.

post-27312-0-29541700-1350923491.jpg

post-27312-0-08185800-1350923536.jpg

I tried calling them but got an answering machine. I left a message and some 4 hours later no return phone call. I called US Cutter and they said not to even try it.

I

What is the fabric content? ThermoFlex makes a "sport" vinyl for heat pressing that is just for jersey fabric with the holes in it - the vinyl fills in the holes but does not bleed through on the other side. I use it quite a bit for baseball and football jerseys. Check with your local ThermoFlex dealer to see if what they have would work with your fabric.

The holes in this type of jersey are larger than the material. Meaning, the hole is approx 1/4" and the material around it is approx 1/8". This is not the typical type of jersey with the small holes.