elitterate

Text won't cut, only image

I have one image I vectorized and broght into signblazer. I have several lines of text that I created in signblazer. When I click cutter it shows only the vecotor image in the bottom corner and none of the text. HELP! This is for a wedding tomorrow!

• Like 1

I just got those answered but hadden't time to post it. I haddent selected them both in the left side of the cutter menu. Now that's all fine, but I'm having pressure issues. It will cut 1/2 of the word fine and then the other half not at all. I thought it was just a matter of advancing the blade but that didn't fix it. What pressure should things be set at? Is it supposed to change over time?

It's not coming through in a way it can be seen. The best example I can explain is that I have the word 'keep' in a very easily weedable font. The 'k' is almost just there on the surface. The 'e' is fine and the next 'e' is not there at all. The top of the 'p' is just about through but he bottom is not. These letters are in all caps right next to eachother and about 2 inches tall. Where am I going wrong?

slide your hand over it,, all the way and make sure it is down all the way across. Make sure no gouges in it. Make sure the white wheels of the carriage head is firmly down in the track also.

What do you have for a cutter? What are you using for vinyl? What are you using for a blade? How old is the blade? What kind of condition is the cutting strip in? Does this happen all the way across the cutter?

It is not happening in one spot of the cutter positioning. Such as for the word 'keep' it runs in the direction the roll comes out. All of the letters in that word pass over the same spot as the vinyl unrolls, it just cuts them all differently.

US cutter MH721-MK2

Orcal matte finish vinyl

Blade is a year old, but honest I have never been able to use this machine like I want to (something always goes wrong and I quit)

Is the cutting strip the piece of white tape like stuff just after the rollers?

It does happen in different spots all over the cutter. I haven't seen a pattern yet, but there may be one.

Thank you all for your time. I just want to enjoy doing this so much!

The cutting strip is the white strip that is always under the blade. It goes across the entire length of the machine.

Are you sure your blade is setup correctly?

Like if you took some posts its and drew a circle with your blade it would go through one sticky?

Are you unrolling enough vinyl free first, to do the order? You should never be pulling directly from the roll,, while it is cutting, if you are

Added a new image and recut. None of my previouse text cut through the vinyl all of the way, but the new image cut through. It almost cut through the whole backing but only where the new image was. What is happening?! Did I just get a lemon? Is my model a pile or junk? How is UScutter with their waranties? I have so many projects I want to cut! I begged for a cutter for almost 2 years.

First put a new blade in.

Make sure there is nothing in the blade holder, like pieces of vinyl.Add a drop of 3-1 oil or light oil.

You set your blade, by taking the blade holder out of the machine and in your hand, firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl that you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing. Adjust blade length to get there, You should just barely see the end of the blade tip sticking out of the blade holder. Put blade holder back in machine and use the force to get the same results. Only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing.

Done. Blade length is fine, the problem is that the machine is picking and choosing what it will cut.

I had a problem with it only cutting one letter of an entire word. I checked my blade and tried to recut. Same problem. Only some areas are cut, some are just touched and some have nothing at all.

After consulting with this forum I added another image to the design. Only that image cut, none of the text or other image from before. (some of it was glanced over, but not weedable)

I am almost sure it is not the blade. I think it is either my machine or it is the pressure.

So the blade goes through the motions like it's cutting the text but it doesn't? Sounds like pressure or bad cutting strip. Try different software. What are you using for software?

Thsi is what it looks like when I try and weed it. The letter after the 'U' should be an 'H'. Only the top cut. The bottom didn't cut through at all. It just happens in random spots. I did 60 ants for my baby girl's birthday party and probalbly only 20 cut so that they would weed perfectly. 10-15 cut most of the way and just needed an knife to help in some spots and the rest were just a simple light scratch on the vinyl.

It will let me post a screen cap of the file though. The KTM comes out super deep. Whole top line is okay. Ring image is salvageable with a blade. Keep calm has only 1 'E' that I can get out. The 'and' and the 'I' aren't even visible.