smokeybearfan

Help on pricing a 4' x 40'

What would be the price for a vinyl lettering 4 foot tall and 40 feet long.

I ran it through my pricing software and come up with a crazy high number. I will be using 751 vinyl.

They are going to apply it so it is just for the vinyl and the Rtape

Never attempted something of this size before most have been smaller signs and decals.

I think the formula I have seen is inches plus inches.. so 40' = 480", 4' = 48" for a total of 528". Then divide that by 2 and you should have about $264 for material. So, call it about $300 I would say if not more?

yes 4 foot tall letters 24 letters in all.

I got the just about the same number as you Jeremy for materials when I figured up vinyl and tape.

How much mark up for profit would be reasonable?

Well.. time to cut.. time to weed.. probably what about an hours worth? Whats your shop rate for an hour? Add that to say about 10% markup on materials, and I would say you probably have a winner!

Thats about the same thing I was thinking. I checked a few online places and thier prices was up around $1300

I was thinking around 440 or so.

When I saw the prices they were asking online at several sites in the 1000+ range and my software throwing out the 1400 price I started doubting my figures..

yea tracking,.. i would atleast do a test pen plot first .. ummm buy maybe 10 or 12 poster boards and tape em togather... lol

Or buy a big roll of plotter paper...

I did that once.. taped 4 poster boards togather, and did a test plot .. Tracked pretty good... each poster board was about 3 foot squared. From the dollar store..

was for a large fairy wing.. for the wife...

i always test plot first...

Im not THAT good yet...

The cutter tracks fine I have cut 20 foot long lettering and stripes many times.

Took a little time to get every thing tweaked. Well worth the time to set everything up correctly than fight with your equipment.

Thanks for all the replies.

I would price that around $650 or so even if you only want to charge $500. I would factor in the fact that you're going to have 40' of roll to fight when you weed, tape, etc. That has to account for something.

Even at 650 dang, why so cheap. Price a full roll of 751, app tape to support it and as everyone else here has said, time to weed, apply mask. install is going to take alot of time, at them prices you are giving it away.

Even at 650 dang, why so cheap. Price a full roll of 751, app tape to support it and as everyone else here has said, time to weed, apply mask. install is going to take alot of time, at them prices you are giving it away.

The customer will install from first post .

My price would be min $600 max $700...remember there are other hidden cost's that come up...example: blades for the cutter, electricity, say there is a mess up and you need to cut it all again...I hope you get the point. It's all about making an honest dollar.

I think I will quote 650.00

the more I think about it with all the online places wanting 1300+ a bunch of good info in this thread. If they junp at 650 thats good if not no problem.

• Like 1