hagen8492

sublimation

I am looking at buying a sublimation printer. Im curious to what ink would be best to use since i use cotton shirts and 50/50 shirts. Will one do both of these? What would be best for me?

• Like 1

You would need high temp ink for sublimation , sublimation wont really work good on cotton or 50/50 you really should have 100% poly for the best results. You could use pigment ink for those with JPSS Paper however you will be limited to light colors and sometimes will see the outline unless you trim it real close.

You cant mix the two inks so you have to decide pigment ink or high temp ink or get two printers like I have...

If you decide to go with Cobra's system tell my friend Richard I sent you and he will give you 10% off on whatever you buy. He has customer service like no one else as you will find out if you research the 100 epson workforce printer on the forum...

Hope this helps and good luck

I just did this case for him with the 1100 and high temp ink

post-2057-0-17928000-1350276867.jpg

• Like 1

I use Cobra inks and the colors are excellent.

And like mentioned already, gotta use 100% poly. I have tried different 50/50 shirts and they wash out very quickly, due to not sticking to the cotton fibers.

if you think you may go a month without printing or more I love the Ricoh printers - ink cost more as you will be using sawgrass ink but I have let mine sit for almost 3 months and fired it up and printed without clogs . . . just my 2c

ink cost more

Scott that's an under statement . I could buy how many Cobra Systems and throw them into the garbage every three months and wouldn't come close to the cost of their system and ink , especially when you get to the big printer that will print a 13" X 19" page ;D (Just saying)

That is true bill, I do have a little invested in the gx7000 with the feeder for 13x19 - but I tend to let it sit for a while between jobs and would be throwing several away LOL As far as ink usage this latest generation of ricoh is really much much more ink efficient than the earlier ones - I have learned NOT to keep ink on hand as it will get old before I need it!

I must be one of the few lucky ones out there. I have an Epson WF1100 that is using high temp inks from DyeSub4U.com (came with the printer when I bought it used) and I've gone as long as 3.5 weeks without printing and it works just fine. I always run a nozzle check after a delay, but I think I've had to run the cleaning cycle 1x time since I set it up - and it came with ink in it...

• Like 1