ROCKSTARMS

Nothing but problems so far

Ok so I volunteered myself to take on the task of making sigs and stickers for my Boy Scout troop as part of my Eagle Scout.

I am somewhat computer savvy and can figure most anything out but this is going to be the end of me.

I am running a 27" iMac with 10.7.4 on it and I have purchased the MH 871- MK2 along with an iogear keyspan device model GUC232A.

I downloaded SignCut and am using the one-year free subscription along with Inkscape.

I created all my logos and banners in Inkscape but once i try to open them in SignCut it crashes and gives me error message of SignCut quit unexpectedly.

I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled every driver for my keyspan device as well as my plotter and signcut software 3 times now and can’t get a single thing to work.

I can get the plotter to show up under printers when connected via USB but cant find or load the drivers to use it. Cant get the keyspan adapter to even light up and am about ready to return the thing and call it quits.

I’ve heard the customer service is great but only open during hours when I am at school and football practice so its not doing me a bit of good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

i also bought a dedicated pc to use with my cutter, although i still do 90% of my art work on my MacBook Pro lounging on the couch..... using Illustrator CS5. try the trial version.

I used inkscape for all of about 5 minutes then uninstalled it.

good luck!