Sign in to follow this  
Meowheim

Vinyl Express GRC-61

Hello,

I have an old Vinyl Express GRC-61 with old software(Sign Lab 5.1/Corel Draw X4) that my father left me. Can anybody provide some insight as to how I can set this up properly(Drivers/Additional Software)? I'm running on Windows 8 but I do have a copy of Windows XP available seeing as though this plotter is relatively old.

I'm also unable to get my computer to detect the GRC-61 device. Could not having the GRC-61 driver be the cause of this? I've searched for hours on the web for these drivers but I'm unable to locate them. I do apologize for the tedious questions that I'm asking. Any guidance which be much appreciated!

I do not know about drivers for Sign Lab or Corel Draw, but I can tell you that Signblazer (the all cutters version) has the driver for the Vinyl Express GRC-61 so you should be

able to use Signblazer software to run it.

That's the cutter I have. It hooks up to a Serial connection, no driver required. Like mb20music says, download the SignBlazer UK version from here and your cutter will be listed.

http://www.mediafire.../?ygva0uwuckhr4

Turn off your Anti-Virus software because it sees it as a threat. (It's not)

Burn the .iso file to a disk then run the installation

Then run the update in the second .zip file

then run the patch.

Thank you guys! I really do appreciate the help. However, I am unable to get my computer to detect the GRC-61 Plotter.

I'm running on Windows 7 using a USB to Serial DB25. It's been read as Prolific USB Com# depending on the port I put it in.

When I attempt to cut, a box pops up indicating bytes were sent out but there's no response from my plotter. Any help would be much appreciated!

Hello! I have the same cutting plotter and I work with Flexising in Windows 10, you can search for it on Google and download it. I am currently having problems because my paper-pressing arm broke. Does anyone know where I can get it new?
(Sorry for my lousy English, I'm from Argentina)