DJWilson06

Beginner question about Cutters

I actually make cornhole sets and find that I am spending a lot of money at the decal place. I would to start making my own and possibly selling some on the side. That being said I am not trying to spend a lot of money I have found the Vinyl Express R Series packages on ebay and it seems like a good deal just trying to find out if it will be a nice cutter for what I plan on using it for.

I've had a VE R31 that I bought off ebay for almost 2 years now and haven't had any problems, I did until I hooked it up via serial port instead of usb, and I prefer to use inkscape and signblazer instead of the software that came with the set.

I hope this helps! Alan

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, I jumped on ebay and checked out the SignWarehouse machines offered there -- basically, you're looking at a $380 deal that includes Vinyl Express LXi Expert software along with the 31" unit.

They do offer a little bit of vinyl (5-foot lengths) and a squeegee, and some 6" wide premask (really? 6", c'mon, they are giving you 24" vinyl to cut, why not a 24" premask?) -- basically these materials are just for practice, although they claim you can "earn $750" which seems to me to be laughable.

AbsoluteAirbrush can probably tell you about the specific advantages of the VE-R, but I do know USCUTTER can ship you out a new model MH 34" for under $300 (including shipping) and it will crank out cornhole decals all day long.

I ran that MH unit for many months in a sign store as my primary cutter, and it was a workhorse.

(and sounded like one, loud as heck!!!!!!)

I paid 229.00 for the software and cutter and some 12" rolls of vinyl and slice is right about the materials being for practice. Not familiar about the MH, but have heard alot of good things about it and would check that out after what Slice said about the price...

GL, Alan

Heck, if he doesn't need the wider 34" cutter (and for cornhole decals exclusively, I can see the 28" unit being sufficient) then the price becomes even LESS from USCutter ------ about $250. with the stand, plus $9. shipping costs for all the useful accessories and materials you can order along with the machine.

Vinyl weeding tool, squeegees, app tape, vinyl starter pack.

• Like 1

Heck, if he doesn't need the wider 34" cutter (and for cornhole decals exclusively, I can see the 28" unit being sufficient) then the price becomes even LESS from USCutter ------ about $250. with the stand, plus $9. shipping costs for all the useful accessories and materials you can order along with the machine.

Vinyl weeding tool, squeegees, app tape, vinyl starter pack.

Cornhole?

Cornhole?

There are whole threads about it here on the forum with pictures. I guess it's pretty big in some areas of the country.

It sounded like something kinky when I first heard of them.

• Like 1