Sweetcheeksinoc

Uneven cutting

I have an SC34 cutter. The cutting starts out fine but then some of the letters jump lower to cut or sometimes it even skips letters. Can someone help? Iam new to this and would appreciate any tips.

Thanks a bunch!

Hello and welcome Sweetcheeks what type of communication cable are you you using ? And check the image in wireframe to make sure all the paths are closed on your design also check your cutting head to make sure it is on the rail correctly . And there are other things also that affect your cuts offset ,blade depth , pressure that is a few things to check to start and maybe try another design to see if it is the same there are several post and tutorials on the forum that may help .

Dan

Thanks Dan. I appreciate your help. I am using the USB cable that came with the SC cutter. I used the cutter yesterday to cut out some short lettering and it wasn't cutting offset this much but I did notice there were areas of some of the letters that did not cut evenly. My speed is set at 400 and my pressure is set at 12g.

SC cutter does not play well with USB.

Serial is the way to go.

Also, be sure the tracking of the vinyl is accurate.

You absolutely MUST verify that it is tracking properly, by using the ORIGIN setting and manually running the vinyl back and forth and visually checking it stays straight over a length of a few feet.