not good - call support - was the stand grounded to the cutter?  static is bad this time of year

Quality Control issues. My MH-365 works great after I figured out the SCALP3 software. An observation. Where the cutter strikes a strip in front of the roller. The strip is pealing. The tape used as decorative is all comming loose and I comstantly have to keep pressing it back down. The ruler both front and back is peeling as well. It appears the machine was not clean when all these tape areas where applied. This spells CHEAP and low quality control. Mind you these are mostly cosmetic issues, but issues none the less.

The control panel has bubble buttons under the vinyl covering. The vinyl is comming lose and I constantly have to press it down.

Lastly. The manual is almost useless. Any pictures of the LCD display is unreadable when used as directions. Looking online everything is correct. Did someone not proof read this? One may say you get what you pay for. Shoddy work is not expected nor desired. If your other high end models are this shoddy then when I do upgrade to a high end machine it will be another brand.

The above is an honest observation. The machine does what it suppose to do. Cut and Plot. Cosmetically it gets a two out of five stars. -robert

The MH series is a cutter for the cost of a desktop printer, corners will always be cut to meet that price point but like you said it does the intended job. THe more you pay the better you get. Pretty simple.

• Like 1

When I bought my first cutter I actually called USCutter and talked to a salesman who asked some questions about my plans. I had done a lot of reading up on the different models and ended up going for the P-Cut which was still a budget model but a few steps off the lowest rack. There were some start-up issues for me and I did more reading and learning about how to deal with them. I had the typical static issues that are prevalent with the Chinese cutters and learned how to deal with that (I used anti-static spray to fog the area before cutting anything big or HTV). My opinion on the original poster is the same as you guys. Probably someone from a competitor site messing around with his cubicle buddy. USCutter has always been there to take care of problems for me.

Second observation: If this guy just got his cutter new for Christmas then it's been what...30 days. How can he already be "looking for another vinyl supplier" especially if he hasn't hardly been able to use the machine as he claims. He has obviously not done much homework on that issue either or he would know that the Oracal line is about as cost effective as you can get from USCutter and a fantastic product. I occasionally purchase a few yards locally from either of two supply houses who sell Avery/3M products and I totally prefer the 751 Oracal to 3M. Cuts and weeds better in my opinion.

To the original poster, if you are legit then give USCutter a chance to rectify the problem. I think they are basically a warehouse that imports and distributes those cutters but they do a great job of keeping customers happy.  

Wildgoose  The original poster..  posted..Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:43 PM      way longer than 30 days ago   He got it  Christmas 2011.      This is an old thread.. :rolleyes:

The MH series is a cutter for the cost of a desktop printer, corners will always be cut to meet that price point but like you said it does the intended job. THe more you pay the better you get. Pretty simple.

So that justifies anything vinyl applied to it is coming off. Thanks for your input. Not everyone needs a two thousand dollar plotter/cutter to play around with. Not all here run a business. I'm just stating the truth to US Cutter of the shoddy appearance which is what I thought this forum was created for. I have bought many low cost items that outlasted the pricy ones by ten times. Jaybird, I respect your opinion considering your status here. Your explanation of you get what you pay for reflects on US Cutters low quality as well. BTW the machine cuts great. I just have to remember to press all the tape down under the cutter blade before I use it. Good day.

@TheKid.... Are you talking about the cutting strip it's self peeling off, or the tape over it?    The cutting strip, is a teflon strip. . If you are referring to the the tape placed over the cutting strip. It is to be removed before cutting.  It is there to protect it, while shipping. 

This is a roll of teflon cutting strip for a MH cutter.   There should not be any tape on top of it, and between your cutting blade, when cutting.

http://www.uscutter.com/Cutting-Strip-for-MH-Series-Cutter-Plotter-Various-Sizes

• Like 1

Skeeter. Thanks for your input. I don't remember reading anywhere avout that teflon strip needed to be removed. There is so many stickers such as front and rear ruler purple stripping all coming loose. I figured. That tape was suppose to be there. And par for anything stuck to that printer. Even the LCD panel adhesive backing has to be pressed down because it's lifting off. Thanks for your informative input.

Don't remove the teflon strip.  It is there for a reason.  Only remove the protective tape that is on top of it, to protect it from  scratching and gouging it, when shipping....  Your welcome. 

• Like 2

Wildgoose  The original poster..  posted..Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:43 PM      way longer than 30 days ago   He got it  Christmas 2011.      This is an old thread.. :rolleyes:

Whoops! I guess I got sucked into a time warp! I hate it when that happens! LMAO!

• Like 2

I removed the clear tape that was covering the white teflon strip. I figured as cheap as the decals where they just taped that down to keep it from comming off. It may even cut better now.. ;D

Before you judge me on anything read some of my posts and you will find I have been in heated arguments about MH cutters and my personal opinion of them is not high but check around before you bash Uscutter because there are tons of other companies selling the exact same cutter. I had a Seiki, Master, Laserpoint 1 and Laserpoint 2 before I got a Graphtec and all but the MH did what I wanted and the LP1 was so good to me I resold it when I bought the Graphtec and I still have the LP2 and use it for overflow work when I'm busy. The Master died through no fault of it's own ( a 200 lb. file cabinet fell on it and destroyed it) the Seiki did finally die after 2 years of regular use and the MH was resold to somebody in the Bronx who ended up buying a new cutter less than a month later because he was unhappy with it too. Many on here love their MH cutters and use them daily but they also understand that they are not top of the line machines and do not expect them to look or operate like a top of the line machine. I think your expectations are way too unrealistic for the money you spent.

• Like 2