I got the MH series cutter for christmas and it has been nothing but a disappointment ever since....I am now in the process of looking fpor a new vinyl supplier as well....I just don't see any point in giving my business to US Cutter when they can't even produce an appropriate cutting machine...

I would compare the cutting capacity of this machine to that of a cricut....It should be able to cut 48 inches wide by 6 feet long but it can not do it!!!

• Like 1

While I can understand your frustrations, you cannot blame uscutter for the mechanical shortcomings of any cutter they sell. The MH may be branded as uscutter but it is made by a separate company. Also, the MH series (which I own too) is a craft/hobby cutter. If you need Roland/Graphtec output, well you just have to get a Roland or Graphtec for that.

• Like 1

FYI USCutter don't produce the cutter they are made in China . You should have done a little research before you bought a cutter your ignorance of the quality of the value cutters is not USCutters fault . The better cutters operate better that goes without saying so if you are wanting top quality pony up for a professional cutter . Did you even read the description of the different cutters and that the value cutters are for hobby/craft type projects .

• Like 1

My PCut should also be able to cut 48" wide vinyl! Unfortunately, it's only 30" wide. I tried folding the vinyl over and for some odd reason it didn't work... :lol::blink::bear:

Seriously though. If the MH doesn't work and US Cutter did nothing to heklp, there's a valid complaint. If you just don't like the way the cutter works, then it's on your shoulders. I did a month's worth of research before I bought my PCut and read almost every post in this forum going back a few years. I'm happy with my choice even though I sometimes have problems cutting text smaller than 3/8" Maybe I'm lucky?

• Like 1

What does it matter that USCutter doesn't manufacture the piece of crap? They won't give me a new one or try to fix it. I have an MH series, too, along with a few others. The fact that it's meant for hobby/crafts means nothing. If it's advertised to cut a certain width, then it should. I make vinyl decals for myself, friends, family, etc. I can't cut anything over 10" in height or width with my MH because it starts cutting haywire halfway through, and that was with either straight serial port, or USB with the adapter. That's also using Inkscape, SignCut, Flexi 8.1, and MTC (with XP or Windows 7)...it's a giant piece of garbage...no wonder it's not sold anymore (MH 871-MK2). My best cutters are the Silhouette Cameo and the KNK Zing...NEVER have I had any issues with either one of these. Would love to have a bigger cutter, but some of us can't afford $2000 for a Roland or Graphtec.

• Like 1

I restate my post to you as to the original poster a little research and just a pinch of common reasoning could let you make an educated purchase By the way there are several members on here that own and cut daily with the mh series and do not have your stated problems . I like BearlyRich own a pcut not a Roland or Graphtec my amount of cutting did not justify the expenditure at the time so I researched and bought the pcut and I also researched the setup and operation beforehand and made my first cut within 30 minutes of unboxing the cutter and never any problems but operator mistakes occasionaly .

I just looked up britt0826 with 3 posts (this thread being one of them) and BCOJdecals with this thread being their first post. Neither has made any posts asking for help with their problems but they complain about them in this thread! This forum is chock full of problems and solutions. You can either search for your problem or start a new thread about it and chances are very good that the problem will be solved by the good folks here. If you can't be bothered asking for help, then please do not be bothered with posting complaints!

• Like 2

The whole opening post runs contrary to my experiences with the MH ----

I got the MH series cutter for christmas and it has been nothing but a disappointment ever since...

--- My retail sign store was opened Sept. 2011 with the MH as my primary cutter. I've since generated hundreds of computer-cut-lettered signs using the MH 34" and it never caused me any grief.

I am now in the process of looking for a new vinyl supplier as well....I just don't see any point in giving my business to US Cutter when they can't even produce an appropriate cutting machine...

--- USCutter provides a value-priced MH machine for under $300 and it does what it does, without frills, without any claim of it being equivalent to cutters costing over $1000.

The company has no reason to be apologetic for offering those machines.

In fact, they should be proud of helping all the people they have so far with budget equipment that works pretty damn well.

It should be able to cut 48 inches wide by 6 feet long but it can not do it!!!

--- Not true. I have cut lettering for signs and banners with runs of over 20' (the machine's grounded and I place dryer sheets inside my rolls of vinyl to prevent static build-up). My MH is 34" wide (handles 30" vinyl rolls) and it tracks fine, while cutting from A to Z.

--- I run this MH from a Dell laptop with USB, and it has never let me down.

• Like 3

I believe you just don't know what you're doing. No amount of help could help you. The MH requires more setup than other cutters, but you must be capable. I guess the rest of us are.........

• Like 2

I started with the MH-365 cutter and after taking the time to fine tune it I was cutting some fonts 3/16 small. I upgraded to the MH-721 which my son is using after I earned enough to by my Graphtec. I am still using my MH-365 as my portable unit in my Caravan with my laptop, a 300watt power inverter and a 12v battery with the inverter for outside, on table, work. It is still making me money every weekend. I have no complaints about this unit!!!

i was pissed when i first got my mh 871. The bottom roller was off the bearing cam, and the side roller conntected to the belt was loose. I was new ( still am ) to the cutters and how they work. i blamed uscutter for this. But once i fixed it myself, said ok, its not them since they order them from whever ever, ( china ). Mine now works great. and have cut pretty small and pretty large.

its a 34" cutter. but will only cut 30" because of the carrage. The advertised length , is how long the entire cutter pretty much is, not how long it will cut.

but yea, if your mad just because the cutter will not cut 48" long, then ya ya should of done some research before buying. Even tho its an entry level cutter, it still does some pretty top quality work.

u cant go to the dallor store and expect to buy top grade products.

the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Good Luck

• Like 1

i was pissed when i first got my mh 871. The bottom roller was off the bearing cam, and the side roller conntected to the belt was loose. I was new ( still am ) to the cutters and how they work. i blamed uscutter for this. But once i fixed it myself, said ok, its not them since they order them from whever ever, ( china ). Mine now works great. and have cut pretty small and pretty large.

its a 34" cutter. but will only cut 30" because of the carrage. The advertised length , is how long the entire cutter pretty much is, not how long it will cut.

but yea, if your mad just because the cutter will not cut 48" long, then ya ya should of done some research before buying. Even tho its an entry level cutter, it still does some pretty top quality work.

u cant go to the dallor store and expect to buy top grade products.

the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Good Luck

The description on the sales site gives all that information the media width accepted and actual cutting width . That is the reason I said with a little research they would know the specs .

Dan

It was a gift & the old adage " looking a gift horse in the mouth " comes to mind . Sometimes competitors come on just to bash & it would not surprise me if this is the case .

It was a gift & the old adage " looking a gift horse in the mouth " comes to mind . Sometimes competitors come on just to bash & it would not surprise me if this is the case .

Pretty pissy for a competitor to bad mouth the competitor.but it happens I have had it done to me . Good to see you Rodger

Dan

Hey Dan , Thanks . It is hard to tell when it is a real complaint or a competitor ( most of the times a salesperson ) ... but when the 1rst posts start out bashing instead of asking questions to resolve the problem .. a good indication IMO .USCutter had some big companies taking pot shots at them years ago . I still don't respect those companies for that business practice .

Edit ; When a member ( mpbnhtfxblvd ) who has not posted at all " likes " the 1rst post in this thread , it screams slander type post to me even more . I am not quitting my day job to start a dectective business , but some things are apparent IMO :) . John , others & I have busted those types of slanderous threads many times before :) .

Rodger, I think you should start a detective agency. Lets see now, maybe you could call it "PINKertons" ! :police::lol::blink::bear:

That is hilarious about the "mpbnhtfxblvd" member liking the post

Good 1 Bear . Ole Assh will bust a gut when he reads that !!! :lol: In the past , there have been 2 & 3 people join up just to bash & support each other . It isn't that hard to figure out most of the times . Sometimes things look different than they actually are , but if it looks like poop , smells like poop & tastes like poop , it most likely is poop !!! ... which is also my opinion about the original post & Waa baby comments afterwards > !!! :lol::angel::bear:

Hey, remember who you're talkin to here. Things always look different to me than they actually are, or so I'm told. But I don't believe them anyways :lol::blink::bear:

An, ummm, "tastes like poop":huh::wacko:

Where the heck is Assh? Haven't heard anything from him in a long time. Hope he wasn't overrun by wild hogs >:D:bear:

I just looked up britt0826 with 3 posts (this thread being one of them) and BCOJdecals with this thread being their first post. Neither has made any posts asking for help with their problems but they complain about them in this thread! This forum is chock full of problems and solutions. You can either search for your problem or start a new thread about it and chances are very good that the problem will be solved by the good folks here. If you can't be bothered asking for help, then please do not be bothered with posting complaints!

I haven't asked the questions because I've already read all the threads that had ANYTHING on the subject and tried all the solutions. Nothing worked. Why ask the same questions? Duh.

I haven't asked the questions because I've already read all the threads that had ANYTHING on the subject and tried all the solutions. Nothing worked. Why ask the same questions? Duh.

And I am sure it would do no good for any of us to answer them . If you bought your machine new you should have submitted a ticket to support to try to alleviate your concerns . If the machine is faulty it can be fixed .

Where the heck is Assh? Haven't heard anything from him in a long time. Hope he wasn't overrun by wild hogs > :D:bear:

He has been working his butt off & thus has NOTHING to sit down on & get online . I have been talking to him & he is as humorous as always . :lol::angel::bear:

Well, DUH!!! :blink::wacko::huh::lol::bear:

Of course no one would be able to help...

Rodger: Assh without a butt? Maybe he could make a new one out of vinyl, in PINK! :lol::bear:

I recieved the MH series about a month ago. I have cut maybe 15 designs, and now it doesnt work. All it will do is make the cutter go up and down and make a noise while the reset light, and the LCD light flashes. The motor smelt hot so i unplugged it and let it set for hours. But when I plugged it back up it does the same thing. I knew this was a low cost cutter, But it should last more than 4 weeks. Still waiting to hear from support about what the problem is. 

check and see if the red button one either side is depressed or stuck - seams like others had problems with the buttons sticking.  if not I am sure support will get with you when they come in Monday - remember they are west coast pacific time zone.