solvey

Creation PCUT cutting backwards and mirrored. HELP!

Just installed SignBlazer on new Win7 computer had to buy new USB/Serial to operate with Win7. Now my vinyl cutter cuts backwards and mirrored. WHY? I can check the "mirror" box and it will cut non-mirrored but it still cuts from left to right instead of right to left. Please any help anyone can be would be appreciated.

Turn your plotter/cutter around.

(just kidding)

Let's see if we understand the problem correctly --

When you say "cuts backwards" -- are the letters coming out REVERSED? (Unreadable?)

Your post indicates that you (un)check the mirror box and "it will cut non-mirrored" but can you show us what the results look like?

Can you show us a screen shot of your CUTTER SETUP dialogue box?

• Like 1

SignBlazer printer setup

The letters are not mirrored on the screen but cut out mirrored by the cutter and the cutter cuts from left to right instead of right to left. if I check the "mirror" box the the letters cut out not mirrored but it still cuts from left to right

What happens if you alter the settings for Cut Direction and/or Cutter Movement?

Honestly, this sounds like something has gone haywire with the USB/Serial connector -- what brand are you using?

I think you are right. I just connected back up to old computer with old usb/serial cable and it cut just fine. Trying to upgrade to newer computer, old computer too slow and SignBlazer (old version) faults almost everytime I import an image.

The USB/Serial cable is FTDI FT232R USB. I ran update drivers and it indicates the latest drivers installed.

Yep, that's likely yer problem right there, the FTDI FT232R USB cable ---- in general, the recommended way to get cutters and computers to work nicely together with USB/Serial is to hook up a KEYSPAN adapter.

I think you are right. I just connected back up to old computer with old usb/serial cable and it cut just fine. Trying to upgrade to newer computer, old computer too slow and SignBlazer (old version) faults almost everytime I import an image.

If you turn off previews when importing, SignBlazer won't error out.

• Like 1

My Sign Blazer is cutting backwards and when rotate across vinyl is checked it cuts up/down. I have uninstalled sign blazer and re downloaded it, with the same result. Any help would be appreciated.

On 10/2/2012 at 2:35 PM, slice&dice said:

Yep, that's likely yer problem right there, the FTDI FT232R USB cable ---- in general, the recommended way to get cutters and computers to work nicely together with USB/Serial is to hook up a KEYSPAN adapter.

I'm having the exact same problem. The only difference is I did NOT change computers. It was working quite fine cutting in the right direction until I needed to get a longer cable so I used a usb extension that cam with my magic jack and now cutting mirrored. If I select mirror it cuts unmirrored but backwards. I removed the extension piece but it has not resoled. I have a generic "made in China cutter". I'm not a professional and I'm on a tight budget. I see USB/Serial adapter for cheaper than keyspan...Will they work just the same. I appreciate any help. Thank you kindly.

I saw that you posted this in a different thread. I ask that if you have a question, to please keep the same question to one thread, and not post it to several.

This forum is sustained by volunteers, and it will help everyone who wishes to assist with your issue, on point so that any responses are responded to you in a single thread that everyone can follow, that way if any other people have additional suggestions, they are not posting it to various bulletin boards, or repeating the same suggestions on different bulletin boards.

Thank you.