derkdaigler

hey yall

Hi im tj. And im an airbrush artist and am on here in hopes of learning more about these cool tools.and how use them to cut stencils for my art .this is an awsome forum btw!

• Like 3

Hey, Welcome. You will find all the help you will ever need from the people on here. What cutter are you thinking about getting?

I have no idea lol i know i wont need anything too elaborate. I will be just cutting stencil mask. So im not real sure where to even start

I do a good bit of airbrush work and you need to make sure the vinyl cutter you get can accomplish what you need. For big basic shapes most of the cutters are good. Once you get to small intricate details then the vinyl cutter might be to limiting for you. I'm looking into getting a laser cutting machine soon because I am finding the limits of the vinyl cutters are not as detailed as I would like to get.

I have a SC series 34" cutter and it works good down to letters about 1/2" tall. Below that it will cut but the weeding process gets very very difficult.

With designs the cutter will cut down to quite small detailed objects but the weeding and then applying the stencil gets very very difficult. If your working on a helmet then the curve of the helmet will create problems for larger vinyl stencils as well.

Here is the thread with some of my airbrush stencils and basic projects I've done with my cutter.

What kind of design and how large are your proposed stencils?

-Scott

I have no idea lol i know i wont need anything too elaborate. I will be just cutting stencil mask. So im not real sure where to even start

Do a search on " airbrushing " & read , read .. read :)