designfx

New GraphTech CE5000-60 play well with flexisign?

Hello everyone. I just purchased a GraphTech CE5000-60 from USCutter. Extremely excited as I bought the copam 2500 first and was extremely unsatisfied with its quality and overall design :( So I traded that in on the GraphTech.

Question is, will "Poll size" and "Show me" in Flexisign play well with the Graphtech? I'm used to an older Summa cutter and was told GraphTech is the closest thing to Summa without spending several thousand dollars.

Also, how well does it cut reflectives and thicker materials? I had a local cutter dealer tell me they were not good for it but I just can't believe 300 grams of pressure wouldn't be enough to cut reflectives and other thick materials.

What say you?

I would assume the "Show me" feature should work just fine... I have an entry level chinese cutter on a serial connection and I use that feature all the time....

I have never used a Graphtec but I see no reason why it wouldn't cut reflective material.....

WHile I haven't personally cut any reflective with mine,I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Graphtec, best investment I have made,upgraded from an MH-721 and don't regret it!

Flexi will play nice and just fine- but personally I use CorelDraw and the cutting master plugin from Graphtec (SAi, the same folks who wrote flexi, wrote the project manager for the cutting master plugin) so either way works well. Just I feel corel is less expensive and just as capable....