I am a fairly new user, bought the Graphtec CE5000-60 less than 2 months ago. I use both intermediate vinyl and heat press vinyl (Stahls Thermo Grip, Stahls SportCut Lite) I have been changing my settings as outlined in the quickstart guide that came with the cutter, setting it to 0 offset and 14 force for the intermediate vinyls and stahls sportcut lite, and changing it up to +5 offset and 20 force for the thermogrip which is a fairly thick vinyl.

Everything was going pretty well, until a few days ago. it will start cutting fine (at either setting) and before it is finished with the image (doesn't seem to matter if it's text, simple graphics or finely detailed graphics) the pressure will not be enough to cut through. I am getting about half of any image (even small 2" x 6" cuts) you can see a ghost of the image but that's it. I am running cutting master 2 on the illustrator plug in.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help you can give me!

The cutting strip is clean, the blade looks fine. i have it just peeking out of the end. (blue cap) blade that came with the machine. bought new from US Cutter in August 2012.