jhumbeutel

Best Software for Graphtec CE500-60

I'm looking to get a laptop for my graftec and trying out some more professional software besides my outdated paintshop pro and inkscape. Any opinions about which laptops are best suited for graphic design? What do you all think about illustrator, corel or flexi sign? Just wondering what might be best for me. Thanks for your time

I'm using a Windows 7 64bit HP laptop with Corel Draw X5 with the Cutting Master 2 add on from Graphtec. This combo works great for me with my CE5000-60. I got the Corel Draw X5 from the big online auction sire for $44 shipped. The Cutting Master 2 was a free download from Graphtec.

I have FlexiSign Pro10 and like it, but have now switched over to Illustrator CS6 for designing. I use Rolands VersaWorks RIP for printing and cutting. Best RIP I have used, but it's for Roland only. So I would go with FlexiSign Pro10 with your Graphtec. I use a ASUS gaming rated laptop with a stand alone 1GB graphics card. It's running Windows 7 64bit as well. I can run Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, VersaWorks, and way more browser pages than I should all at the same time no problems.

I have an extra copy of the software I use - VE-LXI-10 master plus. it is like flexi pro 10 without the rib - which like Hi def I use versaworks fo that didn't bother me and for $550. as opposed to putting out 2500 to 4500 I think it is the best way to go!

• Like 1

What does LXi and FlexiSign do that Corel Draw cant? Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I've never used LXi or FlexiSign. When I was making signs and banners 12 years ago I used Corel Draw 7 and CASmate Cut.

you can go either way - the sai products just have the cutting part built in - I am more comfortable with it as that is what I learned on. this is way easier to do rhinestones on than any of the other 3 software's I tried. Even if I go to corel for something I usually end up back in the VE-LXI to tweak - it is easier for me at least

• Like 1

+1 I have used Corel and Flexi (LXi) and I just think the whole user interface with LXi is easier... plus it has all the cutter drivers built into it allows a lot of cutter control through the production manager.

SAi wrote the production manager for cutting master used in corel so it is dsigned for use with the Graphtecs. It really boils down to what you're most comfortable with and comfortable paying for. I have used flexi and it is VERY powerful- but have yet to find much I cannot do in corel, and do in some ways- easier. The only thing I can't do in corel is auto nesting of items (whoop-de IMO, this is really a sign shops added bonus) so really, try both- and see what you like and prefer. Also whichever route you go, there are lots of training DVDs out there- get a couple, as they are usually worthwhile for continuing ed...

I'm looking to get a laptop for my graftec and trying out some more professional software besides my outdated paintshop pro and inkscape. Any opinions about which laptops are best suited for graphic design? What do you all think about illustrator, corel or flexi sign? Just wondering what might be best for me. Thanks for your time

Have you had any luck? I have similar issues and any thoughts on a resolution would be great. Thanks!

Have you had any luck? I have similar issues and any thoughts on a resolution would be great. Thanks!

I use a  2006 Toshiba laptop XP and it works great with my Graphtec.  You don't need a new high tech computer to run a vinyl cutter.

I just use Flexistarter 8.6 cutting software.  Many still use Signblazer with their Graphtec,

Mz Skeeter, do you know if there is an instruction manual for Flexistarter 8.6 online? I found this copy in all my stuff and installed it on my computer to cut with.

Mz Skeeter, do you know if there is an instruction manual for Flexistarter 8.6 online? I found this copy in all my stuff and installed it on my computer to cut with.

It is in the software,,  HELP at top of layout screen.  Help Topics.  Most is for Sign pro,,  but can be applied to the features in Flexistarter

I use Illustrator cs6 with cutting master 3

Cutting master 3 is pretty nice and simple to use