bret2973

help with this

Its called a halftone. Can either be processed in a rip (preferred method and much better output) or created in photoshop (does a half ass job on one color productions like this and requires alot of steps. Can also be done in AI with specific fills and such.

What programs are you using and I can be a bit more detailed on how to achieve this

well I will be heat pressing and I use corel draw for the most part but have photoshop as well, the customer wants to keep it as it is

thanks

Do not know how to help you in Corel. And ish ish ish for half-toning that in a heat press. It will be nowhere near the same effect if you can even get it to cut and weed properly. One dot lifted or out of place will just not look good and they will be tiny so getting them to stay adhered to the garment after about 2 washes will be tough.

If you need the half-tone outsource it to a screen printer. That is the best advise I can give you and about the only way this can be done properly.

ahhhhh. ok, Yes that would be a good product then, but sorry I can not help you in corel, I am just not familiar enough with it to create a halftone.

Here is my attempt to do this with the new Sure Cuts a Lot software that USCutter is selling.

1. I created the & symbol.
  2. Created a large shadow and moved it to offset it
  3. Created a smaller shadow
  4. subtracted the smaller shadow from the offset one
  5. Used the Rhinesotne function on the shadow to create a Half Tone effect

You could play around with the stone sizes and spacing to get the effect you like

Then scale it to what you need

http://screencast.com/t/hN7HhrXexF4N