piscespokerbrat

SignBlazer sucks.. sorry :-\

I mean no disrespect to the passed on creator of this software, but seriously, something has to give! As you all know, SBE went wonky on my lappy and looked like an etcha sketch! Today, I was trying to cut a decal and the damn software traced over the outline twice (effectively pulling up in corners and other mayhem)!! Isnt one pass enough? Screw this, I am going to try VinylMaster now.. I tried a demo of something today (flexi or VM and it cut "test cut" perfectly fine). So, I know it isnt my USB connection!

If the cutter works, then there is nothing wrong with my drivers. This has happened on 2 different machines now. Isn't it a bit ridiculous that I would have to uninstall and reinstall the software every time there is a problem?

Drivers downloaded from start.uscutter.com - CHECK

Software downloaded and installed from the forum - CHECK

Problems on 2 machines now - DOUBLE CHECK

If the cutter works, then there is nothing wrong with my drivers.

Not necessarily

What cutter do you have selected in the cutter setup menu

My SC cutter came with Sign Cut Pro for a year and it worked fine with it. I gave the cutter to my son and we set it up with SBE using the Copam CP- 2500 in the cutter list and it works fine for him. USB was used with both setups. I had the problem you are having when I tried to use SignTools 4 with my SC cutter. The cutter would just go off on its own and do random cuts then go back to what it was cutting.

DSC00438_zps7b7c2a51.jpg

Not necessarily

What cutter do you have selected in the cutter setup menu

Liyu 631

I had US Cutter fix mine by remote. Have you opened a trouble ticket with them yet?

Nope! SBE isn't Uscutters problem, the machine is, and the machine is fine

My SC cutter came with Sign Cut Pro for a year and it worked fine with it. I gave the cutter to my son and we set it up with SBE using the Copam CP- 2500 in the cutter list and it works fine for him. USB was used with both setups. I had the problem you are having when I tried to use SignTools 4 with my SC cutter. The cutter would just go off on its own and do random cuts then go back to what it was cutting.

DSC00438_zps7b7c2a51.jpg

I didnt get Signcut from UScutter.. under software I said no thanks because I thought they had a charge for it..

I have never had a problem with signblazer that being said there are a lot of cutting software out there some just to cut some design and cut that start out at about $400.00 and goes to several thousand dollars . For the cost of signblazer I think it is great software . Most of the problems I have read about ended up being communication problems or the equipment components . Just my two pennies .

Dan

I said "no thanks to extra software too. I downloaded the software from USCutter. The code to make it work and how to download came in an envelope with my cutter.

DSC00455_zps9effdb11.jpg

I have never had a problem with signblazer that being said there are a lot of cutting software out there some just to cut some design and cut that start out at about $400.00 and goes to several thousand dollars . For the cost of signblazer I think it is great software . Most of the problems I have read about ended up being communication problems or the equipment components . Just my two pennies .

Dan

So my 2 computers are faulty then.... well, when I get my lappy with the serial port rebuilt, we'll see what a 3rd machine does.

I said "no thanks to extra software too. I downloaded the software from USCutter. The code to make it work and how to download came in an envelope with my cutter.

DSC00455_zps9effdb11.jpg

I didnt even get that!!

Did you try Li-Yu HF-1202 ?

No, I didnt

AHHH! I thought maybe you got your SBE from US Cutter like I did. It came with my cutter.

Did not get a physical disk with SBE, the only disk I got was a manual/driver disk

This is what I used to get my old SummaCut plotter to work with USB. The SummaCut only had a serial connection on the plotter. It might help with your connection.

DSC00457_zps3f5f57c0.jpg

Make sure your artwork is clean of any stray line. Look at it in outline/wireframe mode. I have been using my SC with SignBlazer with no problems. UScutter say keyspan not necessary with SC cutters. One other thing is I have to keep resetting my output device in cutter settings when I close sign blazer and than come back at a later time, might want to check that yours is not changing. It does this even though I have saved this in cutter settings.

My brother has used SB for 5 years and since his cutter ONLY has USB...he uses it straight USB. Once he duct taped the USB so it wouldn't shake lose, he never had a problem. Once, SB did change the port for no reason but once he got that sorted out,all was fine. The problem in your case I think is that when SB was designed, there were some cutters that had not yet had drivers written and now nobody around to do it.

Stand by for future announcement about a new cutting software.

• Like 1

Who from?

Hopefully this will be soon....we've been standing by for years.

Sue2

I've been using SBE for about 3 years, on 2 different cutters and other than "operator error " have had no problems.

In Signblazer I have USCutters LaserPoint chosen as the cutter from the cutter setup menu to use with my 34" SC machine. So far everything relating to cut issues I have had have been operator error.

Make sure in SignBlazer you have

Baud rate 9600

Data Bits 8

Parity None

Stop bits 1

Flow control Hardware

Then choose "Direct"

Make sure you have the correct Comm Port selected as well.

I hope this helps. SignBlazer is the only software I can seem to get to work correctly.

-Scott