Krookz

First cuts

My first two cuts. After much battling with the usb port and random errors plotting. The robot(Bender) is 6" tall, the metallica star almost got eaten cause some idiot cut the vinyl too narrow

gallery_27310_92_126879.jpg

gallery_27310_92_103850.jpg

• Like 1

Hey, that robot has a name! But seriously, they look good.

Yup he's Bender. Figured most wouldnt know B)

Here's another that I did. Had to cut the eyes manually, for some reason Inkscape/SB didnt like the circles I drew :( This one is out of some Oracle stuff, the first ones Greenstar

gallery_27310_92_1189972.jpg

I love the android on.... Check on your file and make the the eyes aren't supposed to be another layer of vinyl just placed on top... I think that is how my file was and I had to weld them to get them to cut through.... What cutter are you using?? Is this still the SC you were having issues with?? I may have to get a different one I don't think mine would cut the small detail in the drops above the can like yours (in the Bender one) without pulling the centers out...

As far as the star goes Flexi offers a "Show Me" button the will do a dry run on the perimeter of the cut to show you where your edges will be.... Seems to me that SB offered that also but I could be wrong.

I love the android on.... Check on your file and make the the eyes aren't supposed to be another layer of vinyl just placed on top... I think that is how my file was and I had to weld them to get them to cut through.... What cutter are you using?? Is this still the SC you were having issues with?? I may have to get a different one I don't think mine would cut the small detail in the drops above the can like yours (in the Bender one) without pulling the centers out...

As far as the star goes Flexi offers a "Show Me" button the will do a dry run on the perimeter of the cut to show you where your edges will be.... Seems to me that SB offered that also but I could be wrong.

Hmm maybe thats what it is! I tried all sorts of options minus the welding. Ill give that a go in a few and see if that does it.

SB dosnt have a test function, nor any way to adjust where the head starts from what I can tell. Guess I need to check the help. Its pretty simplistic and old looking. Signcut I have had zero luck with, not worried about it since I only have a year sub

This is all on the SC 25". I had trouble with the outer most drop, the center came off with the small border. The glue under seems to stick to itself a little. The other two came off perfect though. I was impressed it cut the dash's on the bottle

Yes in order to move the head to a new starting point you have to do it from the controls of the machine... With the higher end units you can move the head via controls on screen on the computer.. Mine work that way when I am lining something up for a contour cut and only since I went to a serial cable....

If the eyes on Android are white on the green select the head and eyes and compound them... That should punch them out and cut them....

If the eyes on Android are white on the green select the head and eyes and compound them... That should punch them out and cut them....

In SignBlazer Compound is called Combine. Select the body and the eyes and use Arrange + Combine. It will turn the eyes into cutouts on the body.

Yes in order to move the head to a new starting point you have to do it from the controls of the machine... With the higher end units you can move the head via controls on screen on the computer.. Mine work that way when I am lining something up for a contour cut and only since I went to a serial cable....

In signcut the controls will allow me to move the head. But the software dosnt cut right at all.

I also re-read the drop comment. The cutter didnt pull out the drop, the weeding did

In SignBlazer Compound is called Combine. Select the body and the eyes and use Arrange + Combine. It will turn the eyes into cutouts on the body.

Thank you both, I will give your suggestions a try.

I created new circles in Inkscape and left the stroke on. It cut them out, but it cut two circles instead of just one. Could it have not cut it at all because I turned the stroke off?

Ok I tried the weld thing in SB and it worked. I dont see a way to change the cutter position though

In Inkscape, its exclusion after you select everything. Thank you both

post-27310-0-53390900-1348247363.jpg

On my cutter, I change the origin on the machine, not through the software.

Ok I couldn't remember for sure if SB offered the ability to change the position of the cutting head or not.... But I believe you can move the design acrossed the vinyl on the screen you posted.......

Two more!

Flowers is for my mother. The Yenko Camaro is for my father, he sold his when I was born. I tried to do a 50" wide cut but the plotter crapped out mid cut and wasted the vinyl. Tried again after a new serial converter at 24" and it worked great.

Ill grab some pics when they're stuck on their respective surfaces later today B)

gallery_27310_92_485838.jpg

gallery_27310_92_1551654.jpggallery_27310_92_19581.jpg

I would love the eps of the flower branch one...if you please...

how did you go about getting the silhouette on the Camaro? Did you take a picture or was it like that already?

Found a pic and did heavy photoshop and inkscape work to get it like that. A few lineart tutorials helped along the way, but there was alot of manual editing involved.

Im not going to share any of my current work. Trying to make some money back on this plotter and its not going to help me if a bunch of people throw up my cuts for $1 and free shipping. This is a hobby and im enjoying it so far

gallery_27310_92_325951.jpg

gallery_27310_92_5818.jpg