Sign in to follow this  
Teamxdmatt

SC series still stopping in middle of job

I have a 34" Sc series i've had for about 6 months now everything has been ok i used usb to start but i had that issue with it stopping and cutting a diagonal line in the middle of a job just recently so i bought a keyspan and im still getting the same result sometimes. i had a 12"x12" logo i needed to cut that has some detail to it and the project manager just stood at 65% never went above that. it would stop cutting and then the blade would stay down and it would try to cut a line in the whole roll of viny luckily i stopped it before that happened. i don't have no screensavers on or anything so nothing should be interrupting it.

I did however install everything on a old desktop with a serial and it seems to be ok its not what i want to do but i just dont know why all of the sudden it wont work on my laptop correctly. i'm tired of wasting vinyl

Not sure what your using to cut with. But see if you have SPOOLING available as an option in your cutting preferences. Could be the cutters memory is being overloaded.. Give that a try.

Everyone will recommend you use a serial not usb port. Also i had problems with cut manager so i dont use it. Also i would make sure your computer isnt going into sleep mode.

I also have this problem :-[. just got this less than a month ago & I have a service truck i need to cut vinyl for and i can't cut LICENSED BONDED INSURED 2" letters. with out it going bizerk and cutting up my leters with a big check mark across em and skipping several of the letters. I have a humidifier going humidity at 70% Grounded cutter... tried using illustrator and CorelDraw and inkscape... 50" Model SC Plotter

IDK...

Everyone will recommend you use a serial not usb port. Also i had problems with cut manager so i dont use it. Also i would make sure your computer isnt going into sleep mode.

If you can run off serial it is the most stable connection . I have an old desk top with serial to my pcut and lpt to my newstar omega om60 and they work flawlessly. I bought the desk top on the big auction site for 30 bucks an old commercial setting compac with xp professional with a windows coa . This has been the right setup for me you could always design on your laptop and use a flash drive to switch to your desktop....... Just a thought

Dan

Got the serial USB adapter and got the cutter working. But my cutter still thinks it is Zorro! Anti-static Garland work on vinyl? so far I have wasted 10 yards on this project :(

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Just for kicks, download and install SignBlazer.

By the way, dryer sheets placed in the roll core will reduce static.

got dryer sheets on both sides of the cutter... Still doing it.

Tthink it might be an issue with the software reading the illustrator files?

20121104101546671_1.JPG