BrianMaruska

Having a terrible time with Siser..

Yea that was me over on t-shirt forums talking about the bad roll I bought. Siser had it replaced once they confirmed the lot number that is inside the tube.

But yea, the bad stuff would lift just peeling the clear carrier off and one time I opened the press and it lifted. The replacement roll was a dramatic improvement.

I dont pre wash my Gildans either.

Glad to hear it's all working for you now!

What did you get for a new press? And what was your old press (sorry if was mentioned, just curious)?

I have been using siser for couple years now. I use 320 setting and press twice at 15 secs each . When I first started I was doing the min. time to press and had peeling but havent had a problem since.

I always use 305 for 15 seconds and never have any trouble. I also do a 5 second pre-press to remove moisture from the shirts at a medium pressure.

One time the knob set screw for the temp adjustment knob came loose on my stahls press as I was adjusting it one day and when I turned the indicator back to 305 the actual shaft on the adjustment pot did not move.

I thought I was at the correct temp from the visual pointer but I was not due to the knob coming loose. 

If you have a manual temp adjustment knob like this you may need to confirm your temp. 

Once I noticed the loose knob I called stahls and they sent me some temp calibration strips and I was able to clamp the press down on the strip and read the actual temp and set my knob to match it.

Probably not your problem, but I bet this has happened to at least one other person somewhere, so I thought I should mention it.

I would definitely try and find some way of verifying the temp you are actually producing from the press.

If you had you would have read this

My name is Yoann Giorsetti and I am the Director at Siser. Having washed your shirt will not have any impact on your transfer ability. Pre heating makes it easier to work but it's not a necessity working on T-shirt.
  • Like 1

what type of press are you using - have you checked the actual temp in different areas around the platen?

it has been mentioned to check the temp of the press. I did read about strips above. Where do you get these? Since I don't have a Stahls I am sure they won't provide mine as above.

How else would I check. ?

thanks.

it has been mentioned to check the temp of the press. I did read about strips above. Where do you get these? Since I don't have a Stahls I am sure they won't provide mine as above.

How else would I check. ?

thanks.

just get a ir thermometer to check the temps in the different areas of the platen

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1NV0KV7534