BrianMaruska

Having a terrible time with Siser..

Made some shirts for myself about a week ago. Bought some brand new Gildans and prewashed. Used my heatpress to apply as directed by Siser but continuously am having edges raise up after a washing or days wearing.

Any tips you guys would like to share?

That would have been some good information on my part to share I guess.

I have tried temperatures from 305-320 pressing from 12-20 seconds while using medium or hard pressure.

After doing a search earlier, Siser may have made some possible bad batches of white?

I run mine at 320 degrees press for 20 seconds on a hard setting.... I have to put a little lean on my press to get it to clamp shut then when I release it you can tell there was a lot of pressure there.... I have an old press with a knob on the top for pressure but I just adjust it to where its kind of hard to clamp it shut......

Brian, you mention that you found where siser may have had a bad batch of white, where if I may ask, did you see that?

I just did 15 shirts front, sleeve and back and had to order all new white because the small letter would not stay on the carrier. I went with thermo flex to replace the siser.

I hope things are going better for you.

It's an older thread from another forum but you know never .. http://www.t-shirtforums.com/vinyl-cutters-plotters-transfers/t113144-2.html

I will also try not washing the shirts today. 90% of places say to always prewash shirts when buying them but I will definitely give it a shot. Maybe my laundry detergent is causing this?

I have never pre washed mine.... The only ones I have an issue with are the womens style that are 60% poly.... With those I just use a little more pressure for about 25 seconds.

Are you pre-pressing the shirts for 5-10 seconds to get any

moisture out? That will cause problems with sticking.

Pre-washing shouldn't cause a probelm...but, you should

not use fabric softeners or softener sheets.

I do pre-wash shirts that are not intended for pressing.

Those I get at Big Box clothing stores MAY have some

kind of sizing or starching to keep them from wrinkling

and that could cause problems with sticking.

Let us know what happens.

Sue2

302-305* medium pressure all day long never a problem with any color, why do want to do somebody's laundry? Press long enough to get the moisture out. Press, peel, .next

I am prepressing for 5-10 seconds, yes. I will get back with everyone tonight on some results. Emailed Siser last night to see if maybe they could let me know if this batch number was bad but not a word from them today.. Disappointment ;).

Elimimating everything else, you should consider checking

your heat press temperatures.

If it's not heating evenly or hot enough you will have

these problems too.

Sue2

You don't want to use an iron, doesn't get hot enough, or enough pressure and too many variables when you're doing something like this by hand...

Do the shirts have some type of finish on them? Garment dyed? Tie Dyed? etc, because I've never had a problem either.

GL and let us know, Alan

I did some small names with an iron and it was a PIA..... trying to get enough pressure was almost impossible..... I agree with Jay try more pressure.... I have to put some ARSS into my press to get it to clamp shut....

Hello Brian,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with our material. My name is Yoann Giorsetti and I am the Director at Siser. Having washed your shirt will not have any impact on your transfer ability. Pre heating makes it easier to work but it's not a necessity working on T-shirt. Also pressure is important to be even, you don't need a high pressure to work with the Easyweed. The polyester (carrier of the film) as been design to release with the heat, that is the main reason it transfer so easily. In fact we have a lot of people using an Iron at cotton setting to apply our material (just make sure to use a cover sheet for the iron application and to cover all area of the application). It sound to me like a cold spot but I would welcome a phone call from you to help trouble shoot your issue. You can contact me at 440 554 8536.

Regards,

Yoann Giorsetti

• Like 6

Hello Brian,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with our material. My name is Yoann Giorsetti and I am the Director at Siser. Having washed your shirt will not have any impact on your transfer ability. Pre heating makes it easier to work but it's not a necessity working on T-shirt. Also pressure is important to be even, you don't need a high pressure to work with the Easyweed. The polyester (carrier of the film) as been design to release with the heat, that is the main reason it transfer so easily. In fact we have a lot of people using an Iron at cotton setting to apply our material (just make sure to use a cover sheet for the iron application and to cover all area of the application). It sound to me like a cold spot but I would welcome a phone call from you to help trouble shoot your issue. You can contact me at 440 554 8536.

Regards,

Yoann Giorsetti

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now that's GOOD customer care.

Thank you so much for getting back with me! I will give you a call tomorrow morning. Haven't checked this forum until just now.

I think I am just a complainer! Got a shipment in today from USCutter's eBay listings.. Does this look normal to you guys? I have unrolled it approximately two yards and it's all like this.

DSC_0293_zps613d5954.jpg

Been a bad week, but seems like I still have two cents to throw away :huh:

First off, it was mentioned to check your press temperature. Do that!

More pressure? Maybe but I doubt it.

I have an old thread here somewhere where I tried to ruin an easyweed application just to see how far I could go with time and temperature before it wouldn't work. The results were surprising. I think I got all the way up to 350 degrees and over two minutes of press time. Don't be afraid of a little more heat and a little more time!

When I do easyweed, I press it for about 30 seconds at around 310. I slide the shirt out just a bit and peel off a corner to check. It's easy to see if it's applied well enough. First, the edges will be properly laid down. Second, you'll see the weaving of the fabric come through the easyweed. That may sound like too much? You'll see the "textuire" of the weave. If the easyweed seems perfectly smooth, it's deffinitely not pressed long enough with or without good edges. But for me, the edges and the texture come about the same time. After my test, I don't worry anoy more and just press for between 30 and 45 seconds and never have a problem. Different materials do react differently, but my times work on everything I've pressed. And no, I really don't do all that much but have done a god mix of materials from thin old t-shirts to very thick fluffy hoodies.

Just double check your press temp and add some time...

And no, that roll does not look good but would probably apply just fine. If in doubt, get an old t--shirt (I save them for rags), cut a small strip and apply it to see what happens...

Thanks for the reply! After checking through different options, I think it might be my press! I am having a couple cold spots so I ordered a new press today from USCutter. Maybe that will fix it!