piscespokerbrat

SBE went possessed on my arse!! HELP PLEASE!!

No.. I did install the software before I got the cutter hooked up. *sigh* Ok, I will do a fresh install on the desktop and hook up via serial and see what happens, thanks Jack!

My SC started going crazy and US Cutter had me do a fresh install of SignCut. So far it's been working good.

I run both of my SC's with USB.

Never had a problem with my SC and Signblazer via a USB connection. Do you have a ground wire from the cutter to stand?

**update**

I went to hook the cutter up to the desktop serial port only to find out the bloody thing didnt have one! GREAT I thought.. lol So, I installed the software, then the USB driver, then powered the machine up, let it install, etc.. Well, needless to say, I sent the design to the cutter without the blade or vinyl in to see if the program was going exorcist on me again. I am happy to long winded report that I had NO PROBLEMS and successfully cut my first line of text for my window! GO ME!! :D

Hey Jeremy... If you don't have a serial port on your desktop why don't you install a USB to Serial Driver (FTDI Chipset) would be heaps better running out of a comm / serial.

Hey Gary, so your saying that USB is better than Serial? I hear everyone say on here that serial is much better? In any case, I will have options once my new laptop gets here. I bought a Dell Inspiron 1720 that has an Expresscard slot that allows me to plug in an Expresscard. The Expresscard I bought has a serial port on it. I thought that would be the best setup instead of USB?

• Like 1

No Serial is a lot better than USB... What l was saying was... Install a driver that converts a USB port to a serial port... You can find it at the USCutter website under support... But sounds like you have it sorted now anyway.... So yes serial is the way to go.

Cheers :)