I am a newbie to the cutter and I am trying to cut sticky flock templates. I haven't had any luck figuring out what pressure and speed to use. The blade is barely cutting thru the sticky flock. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been using the USB but will switch to the serial cable after reading some other post.

I just got my SC cutter, so I am not experienced YET, but I did hook it up to my laptop via USB to do plotting with the ball point pen the other day. I have read that about 200 on speed and 100 on pressure is about right for most applications. Also, make sure you input you blade offset into your cutting software. I hope that might help somewhat.. lol

Well I had to google search what Sticky Flock was I had no idea.... But now I know.. If you use the search feature on the forum here it gives a few suggestions on how to set it up.. Looks like a little more blade exposed and running 2 passes......

My husband owns a Moving & Delivery buisness. We are looking at buying a vinyl cutter to do larger format decals for his box trucks - van. Plus- I am interested in doing t-shirts w/ their logo and other things as well as wall sayings etc. I have done quite a bit of reading.

I really am not sure about spending the kind of cash I need to spend for a graphtec or coban. I would if needed.

The SC seemed to be a good option to me. I would be using it on the weekends / after work so it wouldn't get fulltime use. I would supply their business with logo needs plus do t-shirts etc.

Can you tell me if you guys would recommend the SC for this type of work? Does it do ok on both larger decals + smaller more detailed work?

What size would you generally recommend for this type of application? I am leaning towards the 34" ? I would love to have the 50" but again I'm not sure if I want to spend that for the 1st cutter.

Sorry for the long post- and thank you in advance for the advice !

Tammy

Hi tammy i was in the same boat, needing to do some large decals as well as some small ones,   i bought a 34" sc refurbished very cheap on here , and i couldnt be more happier,  im new at  this so i did a lot or looking, since Christmas time i have done a  box truck for my friend  with a 29" x 36" logos on  each side and the rear door,  then did all the lettering  seperate ...

i also  have done  very small logos for my brother   2" x 2"..  and it cut  perfect....  hope this helps you  in your quest...