Billie

*Airplane wing *

Good morning :) I'm wondering if someone could tell me which vinyl would be the best to use on the bottom of a airplane wing ?

I was thinking oracal 951 . What do you think ?

951 would be a good choice i think it has a high adhesive rating and 10 year life you may want to seal the edges with a seal pen to keep air and the elements from working on the edges .

Dan

That is what I'll use then ;) And I'll get a couple of the seal pens . THANK U sooooo much

I have done a couple planes and CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN.... I was amazed at all the dirt and grime on the things... They looked clean I don't know if its a wax or what but there was a nasty film on the wings.... All of them I did were small Cessna's with the engine up in the beak and the exhaust coming out on the sides so I am assuming some of it was exhaust grime also... Just a heads up the first one I did I had to redo twice because of it.... The sealer is SUPER SUPER important also....

Dr12volt1338 Thank u so much for the tip on extra cleaning. B) What do recommend cleaning with ? Alcohol or a degreaser :huh:?? I won't be doing the install .So I want to make sure I give them good advice on how to clean it .

I used some stuff called Mean Green.... Kind of like a 409 type of stuff.... Just have them use a mild de-greaser then something to remove the film the de-greaser leaves behind.

• Like 1