Dr12volt1338

Potential Scam???

I will start with how this all started last night...... I received a text on my phone about 9PM from a very odd number so I opened it... It was some kind of pre announcement from Yahoo saying I had received a new IM.... Now I haven't used Yahoo in at least 4 years for ANYTHING except when I sign up for something where I don't want to receive any mail from them... So just for kicks I downloaded Yahoo messenger on my phone and logged in.. I got a message from someone by the name of Tracy Jack wanting to know what kind of vinyl work I did and if I accepted credit card... Now right away this flagged for me because I have NEVER associated my business with my Yahoo account... I asked her where she had heard of me and she said she found me on Facebook... Again very odd since I don't use my Yahoo address on my facebook...... So wanted to send me an email of what she wanted to have done on her car I accepted but after an hour she couldn't get the email to go through... I was thinking it was a scam so I just gave her the Yahoo address and went to bed..... I get up this morning and there is an email in my business account from her... 2 of them actually... Again my business name and account is in no way linked to my Yahoo stuff.....So I got a little excited thinking that maybe this was a real job UNTIL I read the email... Now it says shaky all over it again.... She emailed it from one of her accounts to another one of her accounts but "bcc'd" me into it... And this is the email she sent me..... I am located in Michigan.....

Hello

This is Tracy Jack, and do you do work on vehicle wraps or custom

vinyl graphic on car and can and also do you accept credit card,i`ll

be needing your help my I just bought 2006 Toyota Camry in Colorado

state though i live here in the states,am presently in the hospital

cause i had accident last week and i want signage down on car thats is

why i want the car delivered down to your shop so you can handle the

auto signage and can u do that for me i will like to tell you that The

car are with the shipper in Colorado State but i live here in state so

that is why i want my car towed back home for the signage in good time

so can i have your shop address so that i can forward that to the

shipper so they will have the car delivered to the front of your shop

for the job and that is type of design i want on the the Camry so i

will like to know the type of credit card you accept as well so i will

like you to get me proper estimate quote so will can process that out

and also let me know the one you can use for me among the two design i

attach to you so you can get me the proper price for it thanks

Best Regard

cleardot.gif

• Like 2

Thats what I feel. But I am really curious on how they would be scamming me??? I'm curious to pursue it and see if I can find the catch....

give her your address. I don't see that she is asking for any information from you like a credit card number.

As for yahoo...you would be surprised at what is associated with your yahoo account now. If you have ever read an article on Yahoo news that you saw on Facebook, your facebook account is now tied to yahoo.And the list goes on.

If all you give her is your business location, worst case is you might end up with a Toyota that (in our state,anyway) you can keep until she pays the bill.

It's probably a scam, though. You will just have to follow it through until you get to the point where it becomes certain. My guess is she will pay with a fake check or money order that is WAY higher than your estimate and ask you to wire her the overcharge amount.

• Like 1

give her your address. I don't see that she is asking for any information from you like a credit card number.

As for yahoo...you would be surprised at what is associated with your yahoo account now. If you have ever read an article on Yahoo news that you saw on Facebook, your facebook account is now tied to yahoo.And the list goes on.

If all you give her is your business location, worst case is you might end up with a Toyota that (in our state,anyway) you can keep until she pays the bill.

It's probably a scam, though. You will just have to follow it through until you get to the point where it becomes certain. My guess is she will pay with a fake check or money order that is WAY higher than your estimate and ask you to wire her the overcharge amount.

Luckily I don't have much going on today so I am going to play this out and see where it goes.... I didn't think about that as far as wanting me to wire her the overage.... I was thinking some new reverse credit card scam or something.... After we chatted on Yahoo last night I shut down my modem just in case they were trying to ping my address and get into my computer.... It's just odd to me that my Yahoo address has been "dead" for years and years I NEVER use it.. I haven't even logged into it in about 4 years.....

Ok, I have to think its coming from this forum because I just got the following text on my phone

"tcjack10: Hello this is Tracy Jacl, and do u do work on vehicle wraps or custom vinyl graphic on car and can I speak with the owner or manager and also do you accept credit card"

I don't use yahoo for anything either.

I don't see either of your cell phone numbers on your public profile. How do you suppose she got your numbers?

I don't see either of your cell phone numbers on your public profile. How do you suppose she got your numbers?

It's not an actual text it is a text saying it is from Yahoo messenger...... I received the EXACT same message....

Ok, I have to think its coming from this forum because I just got the following text on my phone

"tcjack10: Hello this is Tracy Jacl, and do u do work on vehicle wraps or custom vinyl graphic on car and can I speak with the owner or manager and also do you accept credit card"

I don't use yahoo for anything either.

Then asked to speak to the manager or owner?:huh: I am going to do some research on the number it came in from....92466501 I'm wondering if it is just a fishing scam and is assuming or hoping you have a Yahoo account.... I got 3 pictures along with it.. The Camry, then a 2 door something or other with the blue and red design on the side then the Ford truck which was actually pretty cool looking....

LOL yup its a scam...

Im still waiting on my 60 billion dollars from the Bank of Nigeria...

Bruce

Is that all Bruce? I'm getting 900 Billion! LOL I'll give ya loan if ya need one! LOL

So yeah.... now my phone was ringing asking about doing vinyl wraps... same shittake as above.... Really wondering how they got my phone number....

Bruce

in Australia we have a fee free bank account so we use that give the Scammer the account details

so they can go to a empty bank account all their hard work for nothing to see a empty account

we never deposit or withdraw any money from that account just a little something for all these

hard working scammers . lol