Shab

Which one is best

Of the three brands, which is considered best?

USCutter, Graphtec, Roland

Which is easiest to work with?

Which has free software?

Which can accept Adobe Illustrator files?

I got the Geaphtec CE5000-60 bundle from USCutter and it came with all the software I needed. It came with Corel Draw X3 that can import ai files. The Graphtec software comes with a plugin for Corel Draw and that's what I use to cut. The cutter works great and is very quiet.

Most any cutter comes with cutting software . The choice of cutters is relevant to what you want to do and the price range . Any cutter will cut vinyl the more costly cutters will perform better,quieter and with more accuracy . Do you think you will sell enough stickers or are you doing signs and banners etc . You could always start with a cheaper cutter and move up if you like cutting vinyl .

Dan

• Like 1

If you have a graphtec, graphtec is the best.

If you have a roland, roland is the best.

If you have a china cutter it is teaching you how to do things for when you get a graphtec or a roland.

• Like 4

Graphtec or Roland but I like the graphtec myself just cause that's what I have :rolleyes:

owned both graphtec and roland - graphtec for fine detail, roland for finding the contour marks for contouring prints.

If you have a graphtec, graphtec is the best.

If you have a roland, roland is the best.

If you have a china cutter it is teaching you how to do things for when you get a graphtec or a roland.

Bikemike has a great point. If you're a newbie you may want to consider an entry level machine. Much less initial expense and while slower, noisier and less accurate the entry models do a lot better than you would think on a bang for buck comparison. I used a P-Cut for over two years and easily made enough off it to afford the new Summa. Now that I have the Summa I am totally spoiled but the lessons I learned with the other machine served me well in understanding the whole shooting match. I also appreciate the higher tech machine more than someone who has never used a budget cutter. The local shop here in town supports more Graphtec than Roland but I think it would depend on things like that if I were choosing between those two. I researched and ended up spending more to get the Summa but that was a personal choice as I decided I didn't want to get down the road 4 years and want to upgrade yet again.