Sign in to follow this  
rynosaur

Can somebody dummy this up for me?

Ok, I just got the PCUT CTN900E. This is the 36". I don't understand these instructions that come with it and have never used a plotter and am only "ok" with computer terminology. I have the serial cable hooked up to it and have it plugged into the back of the computer. Only in the instructions it vaugely explains installing using USB. First, how can I tell if I have the cable screwed into the right port and what port that is? I've never used a serial cable. Second, I just want to start by making a test cut so I can see if this computer is communicating. I have only used the plotter to cut the little rectangle by pressing the pause button twice and set the blade height. The baud rate on the cutter is set at 9600 and I believe the same for the computer. Third, on the cutter screen of Sign Blazer you have to do a first time set up in which you select your plotter. My plotter is not on the program that they included with the package and so it tells you to call US Cutter, which I did and continue to get the answering machine... Frustrated!! I know I will have to continue to learn AI CS2 and Photoshop as well as Sign Blazer now but I just want to test this machine out but these instructions suck. HELP PLEASE!! :huh:

Send me a PM with your phone number, and I will call you. I am usually on the phone all day, so when you call and get voicemail, it just means I am already on the line assisting someone else.

Ok I've figured out basically how to get the plotter to work using the serial port. I have only tried cutting text using a couple of fonts on sign blazer. Thanks