Sign in to follow this  
Gabdu

Graphtec FC8000 vs. GCC RX Series

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I am looking to purchase a plotter and am deciding between two machines: the Graphtec FC8000-130cm (54") and GCC RX Series-132cm(55").

Would anyone out there be able to compare and contrast the two? ...Or have any advice?

The agent who will be selling them to us mentioned that the GCC will be about $1,000 cheaper and it has a 6 month longer warantee. I basically want the one with higher quality, but can't decifer that.

I am a company that makes indoor, wall decals. Their sizes range from 10cm to 150cm.

Thanks,

Gabdu

Here are the specs for both of them. The major difference that I see is the thickness that they will cut. The Graphtec will cut 1.5mm thick, the GCC will only cut .8mm thick. (Most vinyl is much thinner than that.)

What do you plan on using it for. While the Graphtec is a name brand, I own a GCC and they are top quality cutters.

http://www.gccworld.com/product.php?MODEL=RX%20series

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/datasheets/GAI_Book_Catalog_2012_FC8000_WEB.pdf

• Like 1

I'm also considering a machine in this price range for a machine that cuts 132cm/52" length wise. Does anyone know the pros and cons of either of these two? I'm a bit new at this so I'm not sure exactly what I should be looking for. I saw some differences in the specs that Jay2703 mentioned but I'm not sure which differences affect me for sure. I definitely want something that is dependable, that can cut fast with precision. I'm also likely to focus on vinyl decal cutting but may expand beyond that (e.g. event display banners).

Thanks!