CarterMarkham

Blader Holder leaving black marks on vinyl

It's like when you touch aluminum, you get black all over your hands...hard to explain. When they blade holder comes in contact with the vinyl during cutting, it leaves some black ish residue on the vinyl. It does rub off but its something I would rather not deal with. (Yes I have cleaned it) Cutter is LaserPoint II

decrease the pressure. The blade holder really shouldn't touch the vinyl.

• Like 1

I am at 500g, if I decrease it, it still touches the vinyl but doesn't cut good. I have adjusted the blade so it cuts as the instructions at start.uscutter.com suggest.

CarterMarkham, did you ever find a solution to this issue? my cutter is doing the same thing.

He hasn't been on since August 2013......Try backing the force off, on your cutter.

If you set your blade depth correctly the holder should be just barely off the vinyl and allowing the blade to go through and just scratch the waxlike product on the carrier paper. 

correct way to set blade depth.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.