waxk

New and in need of help!

Hi all and thanks for this forum. I just purchased a model SC 15, first cutter and first experience with cutting my own vinyl. I am trying to cut a series of 3 and 4 inch stripes for a motorhome. I Installed signcut pro and inkscape and created a rectangle on inkscape with the intention of importing it to signcut, but everytime I tried to import, signcut would shut down. I can import font with no problem, but not shapes. Both versions are up to date. Has anyone else had this problem? I also loaded Corel draw and have the same problem. Is there another way to cut 3 and 4 inch stripes?

Thanks

I tried the trial version of signcut, and I didn't get very far with it. You can make block shapes in Sign Blazer, and also adjust your workspace settings to make the shape and size your after. This way, you wouldnt have to import anything into the cutting software. Maybe the problem lies in the import file itself, as in not saved as an EPS file? My suggestion would be to just make the stripes in the cutting software itself. Inkscape is generally just a vector editing program.

Oh and welcome to the forums!

Thanks so much for the welcome and the reply. I just loaded Sign Blazer and am messing around with that. I like the idea of making the stripes in Signcut pro but I'm not sure how to do that. Can you advise?

Thanks so much for the welcome and the reply. I just loaded Sign Blazer and am messing around with that. I like the idea of making the stripes in Signcut pro but I'm not sure how to do that. Can you advise?

Signcut is only a cutting program, not design program.

and Inkscape is much more than just a vector editing program,

It is a total design program,

Make sure you are making your file an .eps file for Signcut or Signblazer.

thx. LL

There are some great tutorials out there for Inkscape. Google it and you will find lots of them.

Welcome to the forum . There are also tutorials for setting blade depth,signblazer and the newbie manual will help get you up and going pretty fast with a better understanding of your cutter,design software and cutting software . From my understanding there can be a lot of glitches with usb connections on the value cutters so you may want to try a keyspan adapter if your problems persist . Good luck

Dan

Thanks for all the responses. I downloaded Signblazer and was able to create rectangles in the width and length I needed and it worked great! What an excellent machine and a pretty good program also. There is much to learn about these cutters and programs and I am sure the sky is the limit. What fun!!!

Man, if you liked the rectangles, you're just gonna LOVE the circles!!!!!

If you really wanna have a blast, draw a circle, and then SQUISH it down a bit (making it into an oval) and then add some text inside the oval, such as "BIG SALE" or something similar (make the text a different color from the circle).

Don't forget to select the circle and Arrange/ Put to back so that you can see the text.

Now, when you cut, select both colors, and you'll produce what is called a Reverse --- where you weed the text from inside the circle to create a very cool effect.

post-21408-0-22571600-1347771307.jpg

Man, I just mastered straight lines and now you want me to try circles??!!!! Ok, I'll give it a try, sounds cool. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1