Sign in to follow this  
BBBenson

Anyone else have this problem with Large Images?

I just got a brand new MH871-MK2 in the mail today, I had the same problem with my last one. Has anyone ever had this before. Text logos print just fine, but when I try plotting a large logo it cuts half of it, rotates and finishes the other half. I thought it was just an artwork problem until I tried the signcut logo...it cuts half then rotates 90degrees and finishes the rest...I've tried countless blade offset settings, and an unkown amount of "cutter settings" to figure it out. I'm guessing I toggled something I shouldnt have, but dont know what it was! Is my Tile size set too small compared the the image size? Any help is greatly appeciated. Thanks!

post-25876-0-18450500-1347397577.jpg

Is there any other possible ways to connect? I have a newer laptop that only has USB, HDMI, and a Monitor port...no Serial connection..Any suggestions? like i said, Fonts and other small images work fine, I assumed the Gigaware was the same adapter as the one sold on the USCutter website.

Is there any other possible ways to connect? I have a newer laptop that only has USB, HDMI, and a Monitor port...no Serial connection..Any suggestions? like i said, Fonts and other small images work fine, I assumed the Gigaware was the same adapter as the one sold on the USCutter website.

I bought a RS232 DB9 Serial I/O Port to PCMCIA PC Card Adapter to run my plotter off my laptop. See what cards can fit into your laptop and run with it.

• Like 1

Thats exactly the answer I needed!!!! THANK YOU!!!

Another thing check to be sure you have HPGL selected as your language. I loaded a drive once and it changed it and had my plotter acting wonky like that.

on a side note, upgraded sign cut and it helped out my problem a lot! it still switches 90degrees at the very end, hopefully my new connection will help out though!

Thats a possibility, where the Language setting? :-\

I'm not sure in SignCut.... but look in your "HELP" section for plotter set up options.

Wow, that's crazy weird! It seems everyone is recommending a Serial connection. I am ordering one with a Serial card for my desktop.

• Like 1