Binford

SC Series 34''

Okay i have a Question does anyone have the problem with there SC plotter wanting to Advance like a foot or sometimes more then that ? When i click Cut using flexistarter10 it says sending but does nothing .... so i have to walk over and click ENTER button on the plotter then it wants to advance a foot or so then start cutting i click reset do the same process over again so then i shut the plotter off restart it resend the file again .. and it works ... I am using Serial Cable ..And what is so weird is sometimes i can click Cut ... and it will do it right where i want it to 99% of the time it wants to Advance a foot or more before cutting ... i have all the drivers installed right .. I just want to know if anyone has this same issue with this plotter ?? and have fixed it or maybe i am just doing something wrong in the settings in the Cut area... i mean after like a bunch of Resets and on and offs it will cut right on the start of the media and not advance .... much help or info would be wonderful .... KayWal

Hello,

I use the sc and mine advances also, I dont use flexi, but mine advances and starts on the inner part of the cut and works it way out, so basically mine ends where i actually set my blade to start. Also, i have to push enter om my plotter after i push cut on my software everytime.

I see, did you figure out how to make it stop Advancing? that drives me nuts... i just want to push Enter and it start right where its at and not advance a foot or 2 .. if anyone knows how to fix this much help thanks Thanks Vinyl Expressions for your reply

There should be a setting in the plotter software that tells the plotter to advance. It should not be a plotter problem. What software are you using?

Also, make sure your SC cutter shows I think it says "local" when you start a cut. If the plotter shows "origin" then you need to goto the startup screen before starting a cut.

I can check to see what the plotter screen should show when I get home

i am using Felxistarter10 for cutting .. And yeah ya sometimes its on Origin to cut then i hit enter then it adavances then cuts . it has been on Local before and not do anything , but most the time its cause i already fiddled with it on Origin , but my next cut i will turn it on leave it on Local and see what it does ... has a mind of its own or its just me messing everything up LOL ... Thanks Scott ..

Yes make sure the cutter is on "local" before pressing cut in Flexi. I do not know Flexi. I have only used Signblazer and it seems to work just fine except when I send a cut job to the cutter when it's in "origin".

Thanks bro :) i will just turn it on set it up like normal the vinyl then what i think i do with just shut it off again turn it back on so its on Local then click cut .. cause most the time i set it up with origin on then start from there so this time i will always reset it and try that after i got the media where i want it ... so the cutter is back in default settings again .. thanks man for your help bro :D

Instead of turning it off from the "origin" setting you can change the menu back to "local" then cut from your software. Play around with the cutter menu a little bit. It's not a very deep menu so you should be able to figure out which buttons to press pretty quickly to get it to local. Maybe tomorrow I will write down the menu on a piece of paper.

Okie Dokie Scott ... I had the user manual for this but you know what i can't find it LOL ... anyways thanks very much for your help .. Thanks brother ;)

@Kaywals, I don't mean to hijack, but noticed you have Flexidesignerpro10, is that a good design software?

I was looking for a good design software without, a real high price.. Is that as high as FlexisignPro10?

I have never seen it before.

Is there a vendor that you purchased it from that has it on sale?

Can I ask what you paid for it? thx LL

Hello Lizzylou, its a great software has everything you need , well i seem to think so ..its great so far , I did not pay for it a really great friend of mine got it for me , she is a sweetheart . anyways i have no idear how much it cost her .. but i herd its like 900 doller's or something i guess just google Flexidesinerpro10 and see what comes up... but yes its so awesome great great software i am in love with it .. it don't come with the drivers so you would use flexistarter10 drivers that, thats what i do .. its worth it Lizzylou.... check into it any more info you need on it i can try to help you :D

THX Kaywals ,, I just might do that, like I said, I have never heard of it.

I wish I had a great girlfriend like that, was it your birthday or somethin? LOL just kiddin'

WOW I see it is $995 on UScutter site if this is the same thing.

I have never had a girlfriend spend that much on me. U a lucky man..

anyway thx man...LL

http://www.uscutter.com/FlexiDESIGNER-v10-SASFLXDES10

Yes she is a great friend we are not dating just good friends ... she got it for me to help me out with my biz... she is a great person great friend ..it just came in the mail one day i was like WOW ... yes that is the software ...Its very nice so much you can do with it ... you can edit so much in it ... hope it works for you ... it sure dose everything i will ever need it to do and more ...

U still a lucky man to have a friend like that.

I've been scratching with FREE software for a long time.

You had no idea? Just came in the mail? Are you kiddin me man? That's like hitting the LOTTO. Do you already have a biz?

I hope you planted a big kiss on that gal. Dating or not. At least 900 bucks worth .LOL

thx LL