Crazy Ash

Is this normal?

Supposedly the difference in huge. Everyone swears by clean cut blades. I do just fine with a 60* blade.

Your problem with the lifting letters is because your blade is exposed to much. When you cut you should just barley, BARLEY see a mark in the backing paper. This has been said a million times on here.

Take your holder out of your cutter, and hold it in your hand and cut on a piece of scrap vinyl, use a lot of force. and adjust the blade until you just barley see a line where you cut. Then put the holder back in the cutter and back off the pressure until you get the same results.

Do a search for adjusting the blade. Its the number one mistake for people.

• Like 1

Supposedly the difference in huge. Everyone swears by clean cut blades. I do just fine with a 60* blade.

Your problem with the lifting letters is because your blade is exposed to much. When you cut you should just barley, BARLEY see a mark in the backing paper. This has been said a million times on here.

Take your holder out of your cutter, and hold it in your hand and cut on a piece of scrap vinyl, use a lot of force. and adjust the blade until you just barley see a line where you cut. Then put the holder back in the cutter and back off the pressure until you get the same results.

Do a search for adjusting the blade. Its the number one mistake for people.

Thanks so much for your reply......Have adjusted, readjusted, and adjusted again. With the help of US Cutters and friendly folks such as your self offering suggestions. We have the blade adjusted doing just that. I just wanted to know the difference in the 2 types of blades and if someone other than a dealer who stand to make money on them could offer an experienced opinion with pros and cons. We have had very little issue cutting using our settings prior to replacing the carriage and just wanted to know if it could be something else. I too can read and have read thru multiple posts before asking this question. Just to clarify it is not cutting the entire portion of the g just chewing the tails on SOME of them in this file not every one of them. Same size and same font.