Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Ash

Belt too tight????

We replaced our carriage with us cutter assistance on the phone on Thursday and all seemed to be working fine after this. We were unable to start cutting anymore jobs until yesterday evening after us cutter was closed.........and find we think we have an issue naturally. The cutter seems to be cutting slowly and almost like its dragging along......the cuts seem to be ok just making a totally different noise than usual. it sounds as if the machine is almost running in slow motion. The speed is 10, pressure is 80, and the offset is 0.30........these settings were fine the other day when we talked with support and did a test cut after carriage replacement. We didnt cut anything else beyond the test cut. It seems as if the belt is really really tight......we marked it before taking it out and had a devil of a time getting it back in there. It was hard to mark precisely right next to the carriage using a crayon but i got it as close as I could. I am now wondering if maybe we got the belt in too far and that is why it is making this sick noise. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Ashley & Kelly