Sign in to follow this  
jgeck90

2 color decal, how to outline?

I have a friend asking me to cut this decal as shown. He wants the red outline as well (not the black background).

Question is, how can i make the red outline? I have photoshop, signcut/blazer, coreldrawx5, and Inkscape.

This is not a font style, it was hand drawn.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff.

post-25948-0-92090800-1347097114.jpg

after you run it through inkscape (invert color) i had to go to split objects, take out the inside of the letters, then just go manipulate down to outline. all done in blazer

after you run it through inkscape (invert color) i had to go to split objects, take out the inside of the letters, then just go manipulate down to outline. all done in blazer

Can you explain in more detail on how to remove the inside of the text? I clicked split objects but couldn't find out how to remove the inside of the letters.

Thank you much for the help.

It's very much appreciated.

click on your text while in blazer, go up to manipulate down to slit object. click away from text, then you ca click on and hold the grey part of your text or what ever color is on the inside of the letters. right click and delete

I feel like i am an idiot or something. I really don't understand. I don't even see "Split Object" under Manipulate. I see it under "Arrange" but nothing happens when i try to follow your other instructions.

Thanks much.

Jeff.

sorry need to find time to sleep. i said it backwards go to arrange-split object, that should highlight the word custom locals. then just click outside the highlighted box, custom locals should have a grey color in the inside. click on each grey part and pull it out. when you have all the grey out you can highlight it and delete, then go back and highlight custom locals. go back up to arrange-combine objects you can then go to manipulate and outline your text. hope this helps