kmcacmoore

Layering a logo?

Hi there, first off I want to say how helpful this forum is for someone that is very brand new and have been teaching myself from Youtube videos. SO thank you!

I am having some difficulty with getting the ring around the waist of my logo (attached) separated so I can print to vinyl and removing the verbiage under him as well. The Vi guy is to be cut in green and I want to cut the two rings around his waist in white. I have followed the step to creating a eps file from Inkscape but it will not let me move the rings. You help is greatly appreciated!

BBV Guy.eps

• Like 4

That is NOT a vector it is still a raster image (pixels) saved as eps.

I get this frequently from my customers.

Attached is a very quick vector trace in Corel.

It will need node clean-up.

Sue2

BBV_Guy.eps

• Like 1

Hi there, first off I want to say how helpful this forum is for someone that is very brand new and have been teaching myself from Youtube videos. SO thank you!

I am having some difficulty with getting the ring around the waist of my logo (attached) separated so I can print to vinyl and removing the verbiage under him as well. The Vi guy is to be cut in green and I want to cut the two rings around his waist in white. I have followed the step to creating a eps file from Inkscape but it will not let me move the rings. You help is greatly appreciated!

Attached is a clean eps. Rings are separate.

BBV_Guy.eps

• Like 1

Thank you both so much! I really appreciate your help!! So is I am looking into seeing if there are better programs other than Inkscape, is Corel a better software?

Can you please tell me how you did this? I want to make sure I can do another logo if asked... Apparently I was not doing it right. Also, if I have someone send their logo in .eps format already is that best? Would I need to alter it in any way? Again, I appreciate all your help!

Can you please tell me how you did this? I want to make sure I can do another logo if asked... Apparently I was not doing it right. Also, if I have someone send their logo in .eps format already is that best? Would I need to alter it in any way? Again, I appreciate all your help!

I can't advise you on Inkscape as I use Corel.

If budget is a consideration, then Inkscape will work for you.

Many here use Inkscape as their primary vector program.

No matter which vector drawing program you choose,

there is a learning curve. You need to practice, practice, practice.

You have to walk before you can run.

As far as asking customers to send eps or vector files....

most do not have eps files and, just like you did, some

will insert a raster file and save it as an eps file.

As you found out, that doesn't work.

Keep reading and practicing and you will get an understanding

of what you need.

Here is a tutorial on tracing a bitmap in Inkscape that may help.

http://inkscape.org/doc/tracing/tutorial-tracing.html

Best of luck.

Sue2

• Like 1