Binford

THE Jack Hammer

I was playing around with my stuff today ... and made this name for my SC PLOTTER ... I think it fits

post-24933-0-85135100-1346714391.jpg

post-24933-0-32966700-1346714414.jpg

• Like 2

I noted this exact phenomenon when I first started using my SC.

http://forum.uscutte...post__p__276856

...it makes this noticeable Tap-Tap-Tap as the blade holder comes into contact with the vinyl (the base is hollow, I guess, and echoes the impact).

Somewhere I recall noticing a video or tutorial about how to take apart an MH unit and dampen the noise.

I'm seriously tempted to dismantle the SC and perform this same type of acoustic alteration.

• Like 1

did you take it apart then ?? man i would be scared to tear mine down ... I am a TIM ALLEN i can take it apart real well but always have a few screws left over or parts LOL

On the SC machine does anyone know if the blade holder is supposed to drop all the way to the cutting strip when the machine is turned off? On my SC I took the cover off and "tightened" up the spring a little by using some thin tape to pull part of the spring tight. The machine is not so loud now.

-Scott

• Like 1

Yeah mine does that to turn it off then it blade falls and goes DONK right down on the stripe so yeah normal .... thanks for the info