Sign in to follow this  
gohartman

USB to Serial Connection

I've had problems with my cutter freezing up in the middle of cuts. People have recommended I switch from using the USB cable to the serial connection. I'm obviously not good with computers, but now that I have the serial connected, what do I need to do as far as setup so that my computer and cutter will work together?

Ok, I did it and it works except that it is still stopping before the sign is all the way cut. I'm about to return the machine and get something different and more reliable.

Could you post a copy of the file you are trying to cut, and I will try to recreate the issue here?

If that is the case, then I am not certain. We are currently trying to figure out why a few of the machines do this. Most of them do not, and files that have caused others problems, have cut fine for me here with a similar setup. We had assumed it was related to the USB driver, but if it is happening with you on the Serial connection, that just makes it more difficult to nail down. It is our #1 priority in finding out the cause for the Creation units to just stop. Marcus is leaving for China tomorrow, and this is one of the things he is going to address with the manufacturer.

We will keep everyone posted.

Thanks Ken. I guess I am one of the lucky ones who got a possibly defected one eh? Well in the mean time, should I just wait and see what you guys find out?

Yea, there are a few of you. Problem is, everything cuts fine for me here, and I have yet to have a Creation or LaserPoint stop in the middle of a cut I am doing. Even using the exact same files that happen to stop for other customers. So is it computer related? Could it be another program or piece of hardware on certain computers that is conflicting with SignBlazer? We are not certain yet. I could try sending you a motherboard if you feel comfortable replacing it. In the meantime, we continue to troubleshoot the issue, and are going to ask the manufacturer for thier input.

I would try it. Also I had seen Jerry mention something about power saving features for the USB port, so if possible, turn that off as well.

Ok. How would I do that? Well the machine is working right about half the time now so that's a big improvement!

Now that the screen saver is disabled? Not sure about the power saving thingie Jerry had mentioned. Might be done in the computer's BIOS if I remember.......

I have a creation pcut ct 630 my machine just stops blade down and on the LCD screen it is saying waiting

this only just started i have only had this machine 4-5 mths 

i have to reboot when this happens and for some reason my mouse curser turns black

it is generally white on screen

I think there is a conflict with com2 but i un hoooked the printer and everything that is usb

I have ruined about 20 feet of vinyl trying to get a job done fro a customer

that only require lettering 20 inches x 6 inches

I am in the same boat over here. My call is the manufacturer has a problem with the machines. Too many people having the same problem. Everyone is trying the same thing and getting the same results. Nothing is working. Hope that you bring us some good news real soon on this issue. until then i guess we just keep pickin at it huh!

I agree I have had this machine for 6 mths and have not had a good experience with it, Had a job to do that should have took me

10 mins to cut and was at it for over 2 hours and lost about 10 feet of vinyl

and ended up blowing the dust of my 2 year old Master xp24 to do the job,

Begining not to love this USCutter  creation ct630

Any way either of you could try another computer to see if it is cutter related or not? The majority of our PCut owners are running flawlessly, but some have had trouble when using the USB connection. I cannot recreate the issue here on my tech bench with the same files others have had trouble cutting, so it must be related to a conflict on particular systems.