Big Fran

New CE5000-60 today and now I'm cutting.

Hi All,

12 years ago I started making signs, banners and decals with a SummaCut D500 as a side job. Life and my real job got busy and my Summa plotter sat in the shed for the past 10 years. I looked into getting the Summa running again but lack of an RS232 port, software and drivers made a new plotter look like the easy way to get started again. I ordered a USCutter SC 25" plotter. After one week with the SC 25 I ran out of ear plugs and ordered a Geaphtec CE5000-60 and gave the SC cutter to my son. The CE5000-60 showed up today and within 2 hours was cutting one of my files. Getting the Cutting Master 2 to work took the longest. Once I read to change the plotter setting from HG-PL to GP-PL Cutting Master 2 started working great from Corel Draw X5. The CE500-60 is very quiet. No ear plugs needed. I can even hear the TV while its cutting. I'm very happy with my Graphtec CE500-60 and USCutter gave a lot of extras with it. I'm very happy with this cutter and hope to keep it cutting for years to come.

Fran

+1000 on the Graphtec, I have had mine for over 4 years, never a problem... Very quiet machine. Congratulations on your purchase.

I've burned through about 20 yards of vinyl so far and everything is working just fine. It even cut some very small (just over 1/8") letters with outlines that cut and weeded great. It seems to work as well as my SummaCut did for a lot less $$$.

I recently bought a graphtec plotter ce5000-60 do you have to have a dongle to make it work?

No dongle when using Cutting Master 2. I use it with Corel Draw X5 and it works great. Go to the Graphtec web site and download the newest version.