tim46

Newbie from Maryland with a problem

Hello everyone - I have been working as a graphic designer and prepress operator in commercial printing for the past 15 years and have a small decal business outsourcing most of my work, I decided to buy some equipment and start keeping the work in house so I bought a mh series cutter, it just arrived I did the set up and when I turn the cutter on it make a very loud humming noise and the carriage that hold the cutter blade will not move unless i give it a small push than it goes to the far right, so if i turn it off and on again it makes the loud humming noise and the carriage will not move. Guess i received a defective machine, anyone have any suggestions. Thanks in advance. Tim

• Like 2

Have you checked that the carriage is sitting on the track properly?

Alternatively, remove the left side panel and check your belt-tension adjustment.

Welcome to the Forum.

Hey when i got my SC cutter the white wheel was out of the track good thing i noticed it was like that before i turned it on ... so maybe that is what happen to yours ... easy to slide it right back in place ... hope that was it . that could be your humming and it not moving like it should ... Hope you get it fixed :D

Thanks for the responses - yes i checked that the white wheels are in the track and i took the side of and slightly tightened the tension on the belt, seemed a bit loose but the carriage still won't move with out a slight push, I think i received a bad cutter. Tim